Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Another DC Custom just headed out

Northfield

I spend so much time on each one of these that I have a hard time sending them out once they're done, but I relented and sent this one out last week. It landed with its new owner yesterday and I don't think he's an active member here, so I thought I'd share.  The natural back and sides really worked on this one - to me it's a nice balance between classic and modern vibes. 

DC Custom #0056.jpg

#56 -2.jpg

#56- headstock.jpg

#56 Heel.jpg

#56 3.jpg

#56 detail.jpg

dc custom headstock #2.jpg

I really hate when people have the body and sides tinted or black.  That's just perfect, Mike.  I can't wait for the blonde one with the wrap-around and, hopefully, a top just like that!  Fantastic.

That top is just off-the-hook! The whole guitar is.....this is silly. They all look so perfect. 

Not just 0006. The others are all crazy good too. :)

Mike makes it mighty hard not to jump on that bandwagon. No one else could have taken the best of what Hamer was and improved on it, pushing it forward while creating his own identity. Just a masterful job all around, Mike. Stunning.

18 hours ago, Northfield said:

The natural back and sides really worked on this one - to me it's a nice balance between classic and modern vibes.

Weight?

21 hours ago, The Shark said:

I really hate when people have the body and sides tinted or black.

Hurtful.

My old guy eyesight ain't so hot anymore. Is this trans black? Trans teal? Somewhere in between?

1 hour ago, MCChris said:

Hurtful.

My old guy eyesight ain't so hot anymore. Is this trans black? Trans teal? Somewhere in between?

Just not a fan of opaque body and neck finish with dark blue or black translucent top finishes.  PRS was famous for that.  The guitar is gorgeous and the natural back and sides is exactly what I want for mine.

4 hours ago, MCChris said:

Hurtful.

Looks like trans black to me. And if so, trans black done very well...  I've seen some really *bad* trans black guitars.  It's a hard finish to do right. 

Wow,

That's another stunning one that  will make me go back to admire the small details on the ones posted before.

What's the depth/thickness at the rim/center on those? (If those details have been posted before, my apologies for not paying attention.)

These posts have taken the place of "It was a good day for..." for me.

On a sidenote:

I first wondered about the placement of the knobs.

Now it makes perfect sense to me (with me being used to both Hamer and Gibson V/V/T/T controls).

Ok, I'll shut up now and enjoy.

Cheers,

Tobias

Archived