Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Pretty Cool~ SB Bridge on Reverb

Now KIM! 

The late '90s/early '00s Phantoms didn't have Sustainblocks...

:D

In all fairness, Kim's old office was right next to the exhaust vents from the paint room for over a decade.  It even made him a Rangers fan! :D 

Wait a minute, I thought Kim was heading up the 2017 return of Hamer USA guitars and that all models had sustain block bridges. You mean I heard this wrong???????

1 hour ago, HamStd said:

Wait a minute, I thought Kim was heading up the 2017 return of Hamer USA guitars and that all models had sustain block bridges. You mean I heard this wrong???????

No no no.  That is "Shitstained Britches".  You heard it wrong again, Peter!

Oh, I see for Levi Strauss...... that is why he told me to hang on to those acid-washed jeans, they were going to be worth something!!

On 5/23/2017 at 11:09 PM, cmatthes said:

In all fairness, Kim's old office was right next to the exhaust vents from the paint room for over a decade.  It even made him a Rangers fan! :D 

Sorry, Chris. AmyB made me a Rangers fan, you can argue with her about that. I was trying to figure out why I thought the 'new' Phantoms came with Sustain Blocks, as I distinctly remember a black non-deluxe with a Sustain Block and a white pearl pickguard. 

One must understand that my office really was directly adjacent to the Guild nitro booth for the last 6 years I was there. Many have heard the stories about my buying a B12-L in black, taking it home, and when I went to put it away, discovering that I already had one just a few serial numbers away. 

The black Phantom actually is mine, I must have ordered it that way. I still have it. Shit happens, and I have way too many guitars. 

--------------------------------------

On 5/23/2017 at 11:33 PM, HamStd said:

About the "new" Hamers: I talked to some of the upper management at KMC at NAMM in January, they know the deal, but the new guitars are being spec'd out by committee somewhere in Cincinnati. As they stand, I consider them GSO's, and not worthy of the legacy. I offered my assistance, and they have my phone number. If it rings, I'll let you know. 

--------------------------------------

So, Big Sammy's House O' Gear is, of course, my retirement for the moment. I have many boxes of parts, marketing materials, catalogues, banners and crap from 40 years in the music business, a warehouse full of gear, and I'm paring it down as slowly as possible. I'm just starting to unpack some of this stuff, a lot of it came from my store before I moved to CT.

For inquiring minds, Big Sammy is my business partner and chief of security, my 10-year old 80-lb rescued pit/lab mix. 

----------------------------------------

21 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

Hi Ken!

Now THAT guy was obnoxious! Send him half a $20...

13 minutes ago, kkeller said:

So, Big Sammy's House O' Gear is, of course, my retirement for the moment. I have many boxes of parts, marketing materials, catalogues, banners and crap from 40 years in the music business, a warehouse full of gear, and I'm paring it down as slowly as possible. I'm just starting to unpack some of this stuff, a lot of it came from my store before I moved to CT.

Time to rent the 30-footer and road trip to the East coast...... I still remember the last time you opened up your home to the HFC for your "tag-sale" now that was a memorable event!!! (and I am not even talking about the 5 police men it took to get Chris M. out of your Hamer underwear drawer).  

You'll need a warehouse just to store all that you had at the "backroom" of the garage......

Peter exaggerates AGAIN!

it was FOUR.

8 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Peter exaggerates AGAIN!

it was FOUR.

Chris is just misremembering, possibly due to trauma. One of the four "policemen" was a member of the Village People who found him irresistible. I can't say for sure, but I think he originally came in with Mike Cardew's credentials looking for yellow cheese!  

BTW, most of that stuff from that garage sale has not seen the light of day since!

2 hours ago, kkeller said:

BTW, most of that stuff from that garage sale has not seen the light of day since!

Well, I'll be over in time for dinner to help you change that......

Peter

4 hours ago, kkeller said:

One of the four "policemen" was a member of the Village People who found him irresistible.

Well, he knew who's house to go to for fishnet stockings...

Archived