Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD 2001 NAMM Hamer Artist Custom

This was apparently a NAMM show model and a 2001 catalogue model, according to the letter from the original store that sold it. Bill of sale included as well. 

In great shape, just a few minor things. Hameritis is present on this guitar, and there is a finish crack by the input jack. I have no idea how that happened, maybe it didn't really appreciate the Canadian winters. I never played the guitar outside the house and kept it indoors for the years I've owned it. It's been outside the case (original, included) maybe 10 times. Otherwise, the rest of the guitar is pristine. Frets show very little wear. 

Aside from the minor issues, this guitar plays great and the Seth Lovers sound amazing. Reluctant to sell this, but I need the cash. 

$1425US shipped and PayPal'd in North America. SOLD

Pics here: 

https://goo.gl/photos/AwigQneTXtxCPVqJ7

35716674445_95109207e7_k.jpgE6071479 by David Chau, on Flickr

35329694920_3dbd6f618a_k.jpgE6071480 by David Chau, on Flickr

34875570674_59cc9338aa_k.jpgE6071482 by David Chau, on Flickr

35329698280_0af9339e8d_k.jpgE6071483 by David Chau, on Flickr

34875572204_baf396d9d7_k.jpgE6071485 by David Chau, on Flickr

35329701870_8332fb94ee_k.jpgE6071486 by David Chau, on Flickr

34875573264_ffd05dd6c9_k.jpgE6071487 by David Chau, on Flickr

35329705320_f8c50a72ef_k.jpgE6071488 by David Chau, on Flickr

I have a twin of this guitar and its the favorite of my few hamers.  Gets the most play time for sure!

Good luck with the sale - Someone will score a great gitter!

2 hours ago, louhamer said:

What is the neck carve?

It's not a chunky as my Gibby R7, but it's on the thicker side. Maybe like an R9? Huge difference from my '91 Sunburst.  

The neck carves on these are medium C carve. I have a 2001 Studio Custom and I love the neck. They started this neck carve in Late-1993 until they changed to the really fat necks.I love the natural finish on yours!

CITES won't be a problem since I have all the original paperwork. I asked Environment Canada about this a while ago and they need copies of invoices of the guitar to prove that it was made before Jan 1 2017, when they started enforcing CITES. Getting a permit for this should be no problem. 

Sweet! That's a nice one. Wish I could help us both out :)

Good luck with the sale.

Assuming gwayne got it then I guess "Disgusta" just got a little classier, and the state of Georgia at large has better tone now!

4 hours ago, soulfield said:

Assuming gwayne got it then I guess "Disgusta" just got a little classier, and the state of Georgia at large has better tone now!

Yes and no. My nephew has had me on the lookout for a Hamer after playing my '95 Studio. When this one came available - slightly above his budget - I told him he would be crazy not to buy it. Since he isn't a member here I went ahead and bought it and I'll settle with my nephew. (Maybe - I might tell him it was lost in shipping and keep it!!) Either way, it will stay in Georgia so the state definitely has better tone with an additional Hamer here!

1 hour ago, gwayne said:

Yes and no. My nephew has had me on the lookout for a Hamer after playing my '95 Studio. When this one came available - slightly above his budget - I told him he would be crazy not to buy it. Since he isn't a member here I went ahead and bought it and I'll settle with my nephew. (Maybe - I might tell him it was lost in shipping and keep it!!) Either way, it will stay in Georgia so the state definitely has better tone with an additional Hamer here!

Damn right!  It was killing me not to buy it, but I'm on the hunt for a car and a vacation, so timing was all wrong.  Congrats to the seller and your nephew (or you, whichever).

Archived