Hamer Fan Club Message Center

For the fans of the purple Prince guitar ...

I joke about my shop being like the pawn shop show, you just never know what's going to walk into this place.

This walked in this morning for Floyd TLC and a full set-up. Not "the" or "a" real deal, Chinese copy job, but it actually plays and sounds pretty nice before the TLC. And good luck finding one at your local shop.

I may have to cut a demo video before its owner retrieves it. Anyone got a raspberry beret I can borrow?

IMG_9436.JPG

IMG_9439.JPG

IMG_9437.JPG

IMG_9438.JPG

That guitar is a 'Lethal Weapon" with that body shape............... WAY OUT!.................saw some of Prince's guitars at Paisley  Park here during the VIP tour my wife and I went on................I much prefer his Hohner "TELE". Bet you won't see another one of those for awhile.:)

"The other guitar identified with Prince is the Symbol Guitar. This instrument was custom built by German luthier, Jerry Auerswald. This guitar made from antique maple and has neck-through-body construction.

The neck scale is 24.75” and the fretboard has 24 medium jumbo frets.

Mr. Auerswald installed EMG pickups on this guitar similar to those on the Cloud guitar. The luthier custom built the bridge and installed Schaller machine heads, with custom-made buttons. The original guitar came with a gold finish. 

Cloudguitar4.JPG

Prince had his guitar technician built two more of the Symbol instruments. The tech accomplished this by taking measurements of the original instrument and sending them to Schecter. One guitar was white and the other was painted black over the mahogany bodies. 

Due to Prince’s guitar acrobatics, the guitars did not last too long. He would throw the instruments in the air and let the guitars drop to the ground. Thus, the horns snapped off and the techs would patch them up.

Much like the Cloud guitars, the tech-made Symbol guitars underwent repainting. At times, the guitar were not only black and white, but also yellow, gold, orange and of course, purple."

Didn't have time to tape a test drive, its owner snapped it back up as soon as I finished my bench work. He's brought me two more guitars since then, so he'll be back with it at some point for something else and I'll get him to leave it with me for a spell. He told me he's also in the process of acquiring a clone of the "Model C," which he tells me Prince used extensively on his 1990 European tour. Compared to the purple guitar, it at least looks a little more balanced and more comfortable to play.

the_artist_2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:
2 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Over the top, but quite awful. :)

Fixed it for you. 

:lol:

Archived