Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD - something different

Just got this back from the shop...Get your rock on....My custom Hamer Nagel.

IMG_0230.JPG

obviously makes me think of Duran Duran. While they were mainstream pop, there's some really damned good playing on a lot of their cuts. Try playing the bass line from "Rio" for example....

one of the best graphic Hamers I've ever seen, original or not. I would pay real money for that.

Big shout-out to Lee Garver at GMW Guitar Works in Glendora, CA for the graphics work and re-finish, and Trevor Healey at Healey Guitars (with help from former Hamer guy Ryan Welcome) for the woodwork, neck cleanup, general setup and headstock re-finish/restoration.  It plays as good as it looks!

On 6/18/2017 at 9:37 AM, BubbaVO said:

Did it come with a members only jacket with excessively padded shoulders?  

Pretty darn cool.  I can't think of a better way for you to get your Andy Taylor on.  

Don't forget the Zubaz!   B):lol:

I'm not a 'graphics' kinda guy, but I like it too.  :wub:

Do I spy with my lazy eye a Kahler bridge?

83986488.jpg

nice job on the artwork!  its not gonna be too pretty to play, now is it?

My girls say it's sooo uncool to say this but its "Trë cool". Their protests just makes me use it more, especially in front of their friends.  Cheers!

caddie

On 18/06/2017 at 0:50 AM, Duplex Dave said:

Yeah man! Keepin' the eighties alive with that one! You can only play that while doused in Drakkar Noir and donning a skinny tie.

Gotta be skinny leather ties.  The Goodwill Store in my area has loads of them.  How would I know that?  Cuz I donated them!!  bwahahaha!

the-romantics.jpg

Many red cows died because of bands like this.  Oh the cow-manity.:(  What are you boyz drinking tonight?  Lemme guess. Tequila Sunrise! No?  How 'bout a Harvey Wallbanger? Harry Headbanger?  Cheers!

caddie

Outstanding!  My affinity for Duran Duran has nothing but increased since my college days, along with the appreciation of the musicality.

And I'm always up for 80's graphics, color schemes and overall vibe.  It was a fantastic time (for me, at least).

I kept the stock Hamer/Schaller bridge, with a few new saddles, but had it 'blocked' for now.

I have a pot to swap-out (vintage Hamer taper split-shaft on the way), so I can mount a hand-made Wiggins Design glass control knob.

Pickup ring needs some cutout work to raise-up the bucker some.  Other than that, she's perfect - the headstock had some serious burn-marks when the PO-toolbag did an 'EVH' with some lit cigarettes, but Trevor removed the clearcoat, repaired the stock Hamer logo lettering by hand, and re-clearcoated the headstock.  GONE.

GMW gave me a couple paint/clearcoat options, I went with "durable" and "stable". 

BTW, the un-necked body is shown on GMW's Facebook page - the initials of the OE builders are still visible in the neck pocket, I made sure those were preserved.  We weren't sure if one set were from Jol himself or not, so.....

Archived