Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Finally! NCPJD

New Cali Paint Job Day

Some are likely aware of the Fed Ex debacle that culminated the 5 month long wait for my last modded LE. Yeah. It took the guy who painted my Cali five f-ing months to paint it.

But it's done now and save for some otherwise inexcusable albeit minor screw ups, it turned out as visually powerful as I envisioned. I used the better part of Weds. to put her back together and install the new Gravelin Mongoose Josh sent me along with the Hot Rail neck p'up. I also added the requisite new Orig. Floyd Rose and managed not to f--- up the soldering and wiring for a push/pull tone pot config. Hey! It's kind of a big deal given my lack of experience doing those. :lol:

Anyway, it looks, plays and sounds great! The Mongoose has nice upper mids bark and bite and maintains adequate tightness in the low end, all while keeping great responsiveness for the plethora of developmentally stunted, cliched 80's shred techniques I still fervently admire and mangle.

Cali Swirl.jpg

Calis.jpg

2 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Anyway, it looks, plays and sounds great! The Mongoose has nice upper mids bark and bite and maintains adequate tightness in the low end, all while keeping great responsiveness for the plethora of developmentally stunted, cliched 80's shred techniques I still fervently admire and mangle.

Cali Swirl.jpg

Well, that's what you want in a guitar pickup. Upper-mids, "where the guitar lives."

That's a great-looking take on the swirl finish, very sharp! Not my thing, aesthetically, but I certainly appreciate the skill it takes to do a paint job like this. Enjoy!

3 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Calis.jpg

That's the most colorful shredder collection I know of. And all reverse headstock, adding the topping on the ice. Wonderful!

Forgive the crap-tastic iPhone capture but she sounds and plays great, even if I don't-  :lol:

I dig it! It looks awesome. Course I also love the lime/green checkerboard sitting in your guitar rack too.

Beautiful guitars!

33 minutes ago, tommy p said:

A worthy addition to the guitarsenal!  How'd that plain red one sneak in there though?

Nothing plain about that one, tommy p  :).  That's my Liberace-  red metal flake goodness on par with JeffR's  Ruby Slippers ESP- matching head stock, tumbling boomers and arguably, the best sounding of the bolt-ons. Certainly when the stage lights hit it, it's wa-a-a-y beyond plain.

Liberace Cali.jpg

On 6/24/2017 at 9:48 AM, diablo175 said:

Nothing plain about that one, tommy p  :).  That's my Liberace-  red metal flake goodness on par with JeffR's  Ruby Slippers ESP- matching head stock, tumbling boomers and arguably, the best sounding of the bolt-ons. Certainly when the stage lights hit it, it's wa-a-a-y beyond plain.

Liberace Cali.jpg

lol    Didn't mean to insult your sense of flash!  In the other pic, I couldn't see the metal flake and other non-standard appointments.  Very cool, and fits your collection.

2 hours ago, tommy p said:

lol    Didn't mean to insult your sense of flash!  I'm the other pic, I couldn't see the metal flake and other non-standard appointments.  Very cool, and fits your collection.

Nah, no insult taken- I figured you weren't aware of how snazzy the red one actually is. Just doing my part to educate and inform. 😂 

Archived