Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD: Vintage S

Found this on the local Craigslist yesterday and was delivered the most unexpected beauty. I had no idea these had such amazing necks! My custom shop fender strat would have been embarrassed! Just beautiful all the way around and CHEAP! Then there is the goofy little pre-amp equalizer built in, just cool! I figured I could afford a little medicine as a few high ends go out the door ;(

Cheers!

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

58 minutes ago, Texsunburst59 said:

Very nice top on that one.

The neck looks amazing.

Congrats on a killer guitar.

You mean, "Very nice solid maple body..."  😆

That is a beauty isn't it....................said it before and I'll say it again, Hamer got their hands on some incredible woods................and this guitar is no exception. Congrats!:)

Nice score! 

Interesting pickup setup S/S/S versus the S/S/H that I am normally accustomed to with this model. 

Yeah, that's a dibs guitar if I have ever seen one.

Hamerica

20 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

You mean, "Very nice solid maple body..."  😆

Thanks for correcting me on that Jon.

I'm a real newbie when it comes to Hamer guitars.

I promise I'll do my best to research guitars posted first before I comment on them. :D

11 hours ago, sixesandsevens said:

Beautiful!

That said, whose idea was it to call that model a "vintage s"?   I mean I hate a single coil in the bridge as much as any self-respecting child of the 80s, but to label that guitar after its worst feature...  WTF?

Did I miss something, other than no mention of the Vintage S in the Book...? Where is it stated that the Vintage S is named after a single coil in the bridge 6&7? Or have I just had too many Sam Adams Summer series brews this afternoon?

I always assumed that "Vintage S" was an oblique reference to a vintage Strat, which it was certainly not. It came in both H-S-S and S-S-S configurations IIRC. 

1 hour ago, Jakeboy said:

Or have I just had too many Sam Adams Summer series brews this afternoon?

No such thing as too many. 

12 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

No such thing as too many. 

You and I sir, will get along very well.....the fun continues....

1 hour ago, tbonesullivan said:

What's with the EQ on the back of the control plate? Does it have a built in EQ/boost, or is there some kind of piezo setup on the tremolo?

It's an EMG boost/ EQ. Kinda pushes the single coils into P90 territory to my ears. 

Archived