Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Shark

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Yet another stellar example of Shishkov craftsmanship. How does it sound? What pickups?

Acoustically, it rings loudly and has a full sounding voice.  I did get to take it to our practice space today.  I play a Line 6 Firehawk 1500 amp with a Lucite bi-fold baffle that allows me to turn up and get a very full sound.  The amp is a too bright for me without the baffle.  Live, it really helps control stage volume.

The guitar, which incorporates the Gravelin "Charlotte" set, is as perfectly balanced between pickup settings as any guitar I've played.  The tapped sounds have the normal volume cut, but really sound much fuller than other tapped humbuckers I've played.  I love the neck pickup un-tapped and the bridge tapped.  It's pretty incredible. Not anywhere near done exploring the guitar.

The amp may not be your cup of tea, but I have it programmed pretty well for our entire list and I've played all my best guitars with it in a band situation.  I'm so happy with this guitar. 

I'd be remiss, if I didn't mention how much I love a stop tailpiece and the "LP" configuration (Mahogany, Maple, Rosewood and humbuckers).  Somebody mentioned not having much contact with Mike and him getting everything right.  Ditto...

Archived