Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD: CruiseBass comes home!

So, after a month of misfires with the seller, I sold a bass VI and bought this 1995 Cruisebass 4 for $550 shipped.  FedEx lost it, then found it and I have it. No case or gig bag yet.

it was a bit dirty, especially the frets. I took two squares of Gorgamyte to get the crud off the frets and a lot of Lem-Oil to get the board clean. I polished her with Zymol, strung her with a new set of EB Cobalt flats and she looks great. Obviously a well-loved and well-played bass. Pleanty of dings, scratches, checks, finish lifting,bets., but I love the finish. I have a blue Ford Ranger in this exact Smurf blue color. I like blue and I like bright. I also dig painted headstocks. This bass needed an end pin too. 

This will be used for recording. I ran her through my Blonde Bassman today and oh my, what thump! 

I love the neck and the frets are in great shape. My first proper long-scale bass. I dig it!

IMG_3443.JPG

IMG_3444.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

THAT is a bass.

Great bass! Nice score. Some day I will have 4-stringer in the house again. Should have kept the old Hoyer years ago and pay my son for it.

On 7/13/2017 at 7:36 PM, Jakeboy said:

So, after a month of misfires with the seller, I sold a bass VI and bought this 1995 Cruisebass 4 for $550 shipped.  FedEx lost it, then found it and I have it. No case or gig bag yet.

it was a bit dirty, especially the frets. I took two squares of Gorgamyte to get the crud off the frets and a lot of Lem-Oil to get the board clean. I polished her with Zymol, strung her with a new set of EB Cobalt flats and she looks great. Obviously a well-loved and well-played bass. Pleanty of dings, scratches, checks, finish lifting,bets., but I love the finish. I have a blue Ford Ranger in this exact Smurf blue color. I like blue and I like bright. I also dig painted headstocks. This bass needed an end pin too. 

This will be used for recording. I ran her through my Blonde Bassman today and oh my, what thump! 

I love the neck and the frets are in great shape. My first proper long-scale bass. I dig it!

IMG_3443.JPG

IMG_3444.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

Great looking bass congrats! and............................."ZYMOL" works wonders on guitars,a absolutely wonderful guitar cleaner/polish. I have used just about every type through the years and I have used no other since trying "ZYMOL" which is actually a automotive finish cleaner/polish. "CRUISE ON":)

3 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Great looking bass congrats! and............................."ZYMOL" works wonders on guitars,a absolutely wonderful guitar cleaner/polish. I have used just about every type through the years and I have used no other since trying "ZYMOL" which is actually a automotive finish cleaner/polish. "CRUISE ON":)

Agree 100% on the Zymol. I learned about years ago on the Ric forum. The Ric nazis  never deviate from what Ric owner John Hall says to do...in this case, simple 50/50 mix of Turtle Wax and water..... except in this case. Zymol is wonderful stuff.

Wowzers! This records GREAT!

Recorded  2 old school rockers so far. This bass plays incredibly well and it loves the EB cobalt flats.

On 15/7/2017 at 6:23 AM, geoff_hartwell said:

Duuuuuuuude...

I have an identical blue 2tek 4-string that is an absolute cannon.

congrats!

:)

Me too! Blue basses son better! Congrat jakeboy!

1 hour ago, Caddie said:

Its ok if you like that kind of thing.  a guitar missing 2 strings.

the history says the first strings instruments start with one string, mathematically the guitar is the evolution of bass guitar

16 hours ago, pablo said:

the history says the first strings instruments start with one string, mathematically the guitar is the evolution of bass guitar

History also sez that the Japanese used their version of the autoharp as the backing band for Haiku recitals.  What? No percussion?

Maybe the autoharp is the 4dig of the future.  Paint some of those '50s flames over that stupid flower on the front and maybe Brian Setzer would be Rockin' This Town with a Made in Korea autoharp thru his Bassman.

cash.jpg

"Mr. Darlin, that sho is a mess of wires ya got thar, uh wut ya'll call that an auto what? Auto Harp. hmmmp"  you should take that up to Wally's Fillin' Station. I know that Wally and Goob would luuuuuuuuuuv to see that kind of auto"

Well actually Sheriff this is a 36 string, 12 chord chromoharp. Hoo Weeeee If there's one thing them boys like is lotsa chrome.    

I ain't seen that many wars (translation>>wires) on one thang since Brother Love's Travlin' Salvation Show came to Mt. Pilot.

Neil Diamond Unplugged (kinda). Does Neil channel George Thorogood during the sermon a little bit there Miss Ellie?  Awe come awn Ellie, that was a great show,  now give yo Sheriff a little Brother Love sugar.  Don't make me lock you up agin with Otis. There's a powerful aroma in that cell and only one bed.  

Gotsta Git me some Otis Love....there's a song in there somewhere. The reprise to Muskrat Love perhaps?   Cheers!

caddie

And now one for our Hispanic HFC Brothers

Interesting how we wind our way from a thread on a Hamer Cruise Bass to Neil Diamond Live at MSG with spanish subtitles, Hamer version of The Twilight Zone.   Thats why ya gotta stay tuned, and stay tuned to the HFC Channel.The safety line back to the home universe is that juicy bass line on Neil Unplugged Its like going thru a tear in the universe and you find yourself at a BTO concert at Cobo Hall.

I said Brothers, my HFC Brothers

Archived