Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA 1981 Hamer Standard

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

I had one restored at the factory and i don't think Mike Shishkov was ever in the same room with it. 

He didn't/doesn't do restorations.

The team that restored the guitars up there (as I recall) were in the repair area on the Ovation side.  Talented people, for sure,  Kim Keller could weigh in on that, since it wasn't too far from his office.

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

He didn't/doesn't do restorations.

The team that restored the guitars up there (as I recall) were in the repair area on the Ovation side.

Well fuck it, then.  I'm officially out.

For the record, in not saying it isn't a great and beautiful guitar.  I'm just saying that it has had a ton of work done to it that takes away from the value as an original Standard.  When you do a restoration. And alter so many things from the original (like a retop), it shouldn't be priced where an all original example would be.

I would say the least drastic, or whatever leaves the most original/intact guitar.

Music Zoo is generally a place you can negotiate.

I am not interested at any price, I didn't opt in for a Shishkov Ultimate because the shape doesn't work for me!

arniez

I think that we all are aware of the Mike Shishkov Legend.  Truth be told he only sprinkled holy water on the guitars then back to his real job.  Brokering deals between various hi level US Govt officials between Putin and our illuminati. WARNING: Clicking on that link could trigger the scramble order for The Black Helicopters to fly to a Wal-Mart in your neighborhood!  With God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly.

That closing tune could be a cool little opening shot at gigs. Everything set on eleven.  Ready, Steady, Go......."Do we have your attention now.  Do have 2 beers Ready, one to drink now, one Steady on stand by.  2,3,4 GO

• 1 month later...

Cool!  Now it'll only be $1,500-$2000 high!

I think it is absolutely fair to count in the repair cost on the pricing. To be fair too, it looks as nice as a late period Standard Custom, knowingly it having a 4-digit base. However, it certainly doesn't have the collectors value either of the real things would have, one should have in mind when spending the funds on it.

I believe the 15% is the labour day weekend sale. There's a bunch of good stuff in there. This standard looks bomb diggity. Love how it looks. Bet it feels great too. I'll never know.

Archived