Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Duotone and Duotone Customs, Post your Pictures!

Two I wish I still had. I had the black Studio for a while and tried to make the 'new' Duo look like it so the wife wouldn't notice.

She did.

Dammit.

ChapEcliStudDuo_1678.jpg

Wish I had this one back!

GoldDuotone2.jpgm/user/cmatthes/media/GoldtopP-90Duotone.jpg.html]GoldtopP-90Duotone.jpg[/URL]

Mwah haha...

A few more than that! ;)

Thanks to Brooks for the most recent beauty- there was a used pizza box included as part of the packing, which I discovered while unpacking at the FedEx office (that way I don't have to deal with all the packing crap) and I cracked the hell up. It struck me terribly funny and was a perfectly utilitarian application (I've said before Brooks is a kindred spirit) but the FedEx guy said that was a new one for him too. Brooks also sent me the original truss rod cover, as well as a 3 hole one, which will be a PIF in his honor - Brooks is Awesome on many levels.

And Veatch- thank you, thank you! I like that one so much I actually let a different one go! Sold the Ty Tabor-owned Duotone to someone (with a right-of-first-refusal if they ever decide to sell, of course).

Come to think of it- tomterrific was kind enough to let go an absolutely gorgeous carved top custom - whose name came to me in a super lucid dream, which was a first for me.

Man I've got to dig through some cases and remind myself of some stories... Somebody here did a major solid when I had a friend looking for a Duotone- I'm sorry to say I can't remember their handle off the top of my head, but it makes me crazy happy to put them in other peoples hands too! And it facilitates my hoarding instinct as a surrogate, I guess :)

Off the top of my head, Plenty of stock ones, a few modified, and I've got a few custom ones that might tickle the fancy.

If I can carve out some time I'll see if I can get some shots of the secret stash...

;)

The 3holers have 90's Mediums and the Custom's have a nice vintage carve. 

1 hour ago, velorush said:

Any of these with Vintage Carve necks?  I got interested in them around the time I started having trouble with smaller necks.

On 7/18/2017 at 11:28 PM, cmatthes said:

Wish I had this one back!

GoldDuotone2.jpgm/user/cmatthes/media/GoldtopP-90Duotone.jpg.html]GoldtopP-90Duotone.jpg[/URL]

I think I had that one, or one just like it, got it from Poe

Just now, Brooks said:

I think I had that one, or one just like it, got it from Poe

That's the one, if I recall correctly!

lets see, my 1st (& best) duotone was the one I got from Nathan (remember him?) in around 2004, put phatcats in it then later a rio bbq, just sold that one to Geoff. then I got a goldtop w/ hums, then one just like my 1st (4 serial numbers later), an import, the goldtop w/ P90s, and I kinda remember a gold top w/ hums and a headstock repair (not sure if that was the 1st one, its all a blur). i used to have a record of all the guitars i've owned (including 30 some-odd hamers) but that list went down with the ship when my old computer died last year.

greys.jpg

scooby.jpg

looneys.jpg

PS - about 80% of the generic hustle cd was recorded w/ geoffs duotone, i used to have some pics of me playing it live w/ that band

5 hours ago, hamerhead said:

^^ What the hell is that?!? I like it!

1 hour ago, HamerDave said:

^^^It's a DuoTone. The subject said "Cutoms". This is kinda customy, customish, whatever.....

Someone stumbled into Hamer drunk off there ass one morning and said, "I've got this great IDEA!" Of course they did it and I love it that they did. 

It was a custom order for Kal David.

Archived