Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FSOT: 2014 Tokai Love Rock LS-160

Thinning the herd.  Hamer's gone and moving on to another great guitar. 

This is simply a great playing single cut guitar.  I'd describe the neck carve as a '59.  No significant blemishes to speak of.  Comes with OCSC.  The year and the info that follows are from the fellow from whom I bought the guitar and I've not verified any of it independently but I have no reason to believe anything is incorrect: "Pickups are Sheptone BK set (tribute neck and hot tribute bridge). *The electronics are Jonesy Blues 50's style wiring harnesses with the CTS 550k pots and Luxe bumblebee caps, all professionally installed.   This guitar features a lacquer finish and the back is a single slab of mahogany."

$1250 paypal'd and delivered CONUS.  $1100 for a local deal (I'm in Central NJ) or at Penn Station in NYC.  

ONLY trades I'd consider are an HSS Strat style or a great <40 lb combo amp.

Email me at jimi coltrane at gmail dot com.

Pics below.  For those that also show a Tokai clone, my guitar is on the left.

20170305_130121_zpsujfy3zaq.jpg
20170305_130002_zpsyozpccec.jpg
LS160-2_zpsqx67cvd1.jpg
LS160-3_zps6zm7avnf.jpg
LS160-1_zpscflb2nfp.jpg
LS160-4_zpskprzrdor.jpg
LS160-6_zpsqde6t4rz.jpg
LS160-5_zpsyzi1fp8t.jpg

Do you have any idea what year this one was built in and what plant? Fujigen?  It definitely makes an extreme difference.  I know it can be hard to distinguish Tokai guitars due their nearly impossible to decipher serial number generation.  There may be someone on the board that can help us.  I LOVE old Tokai guitars. -G

Looks like a 2014 to me, their MIJ serial numbers are pretty consistent. I think Tokai has their own factory in Japan, they don't sub out to Fujigen as far as I know. I could be wrong about that, though. I can say that the LS160 is part of their premium series of guitars and would be an LS186 today.

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/premium/ls186.html

6 hours ago, george4th said:

Do you have any idea what year this one was built in and what plant? Fujigen?  It definitely makes an extreme difference.  I know it can be hard to distinguish Tokai guitars due their nearly impossible to decipher serial number generation.  There may be someone on the board that can help us.  I LOVE old Tokai guitars. -G

I was told by previous owner that it was a 2014.

Tokai guitars are made in (mostly) Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. They are great guitars, but most people upgrade the pickups (which are not bad by the way). You can see a lot of nice ones (and ones on order being built) here:  Real Standard Music Store - Nagoya, Japan

P.S. Don't bother asking about buying. Toshi cannot sell to the U.S. 

Archived