Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Monaco Elite pics

DaveL

Here's some pics from last week's reverb Monaco, pretty nice shape, what the

seller had described as belt rash was only minor surface scratches, although I

kind of got that from the shots...    Looks pretty cool, like the meaty connection

between the neck and body... seems to have a good amount of "thooomp"

on the low end, which I'm digging alot...    Took it to practice, they know

I'm kind of obsessed and it's a big joke...   but this time they were like

woah... what's that?   sounded great, although this has a redeemer active

circuit wired in the tone pot,   nothing against it I just

prefer conventional wiring,  so I may restore that to a standard tone pot...  

but otherwise it's in very nice shape, frets are pretty clean,  no real dings to speak

of... just light surface stuff...  pretty happy, and the seller was a cool guy...        

pics enjoy...

i-sHF8twX-L.jpg

i-mGNGJ7T-L.jpg

i-6C9PV3S-L.jpg

i-VwmjZDT-M.jpg

Lovely MonEl. Thanks for sharing the photos, Dave. I too am glad it landed with an HRCer.

Was curious about that CAL Redeemer circuit - guess it makes sense to put a buffer immediately after the pickup signal rather than 20 feet down the cord. But CAL now has a Redeemer Belt Pack, so you can plug any guitar into the Redeemer circuit with just a short cord.

Offer still stands! ;)

BTW, what kind of strap buttons are those?

On 7/21/2017 at 6:44 AM, sixesandsevens said:

Congrats!

p.s.  That last photo (B&W) is cheating. ;)

Love the guitar but whenever I see a trans-black top it looks like a black-and-white crop laid on a color background. Check the second picture.

Thanks everyone...    the pickups are Sheptone Blue Sky, pleasant enough although I'll

have a better idea later...  It's apart in my man cave... just pulled the redeemer circuit 

(some kind of quiet boost with a push pull) and am replacing it with a standard CTS pot...  

not sure what those buttons are. 

sixes and sevens,  just got that about the pic... :)  if it were up to me,  I'd go black and white all the

time!  

EDIT:  all wired up back to stock... now that's what I'm talking about... have to give

the gain on the pink taco a little more love (6-7) but wow,  sounds pretty nice, great

feel on the open E, F, G bottom end...  thinking the les paul type upper bout is the

secret ingredient here...  

Way cool. I almost bought that. Glad you got it, as the last thing I need is another guitar.

Funny, it was that redeemer circuit in a way that kept me from getting it. I saw the seller left the 'make offer' option there after the big price drop, and I was thinking that circuit deal might be a bit of a pain in the ass, so I offered something like $40 less than the asking price. They were in Florida, so they would have saved some shipping to sort of balance it out, but a few minutes after I sent the offer, it was gone anyway. And for that I am grateful.

Very cool guitar.

9 hours ago, Tortious said:

Way cool. I almost bought that. Glad you got it, as the last thing I need is another guitar.

Funny, it was that redeemer circuit in a way that kept me from getting it. I saw the seller left the 'make offer' option there after the big price drop, and I was thinking that circuit deal might be a bit of a pain in the ass, so I offered something like $40 less than the asking price. They were in Florida, so they would have saved some shipping to sort of balance it out, but a few minutes after I sent the offer, it was gone anyway. And for that I am grateful.

Very cool guitar.

yeah, I had seen the heavy amount of watchers and looked like there were 4 offers,  however I didn't

know if they were recent or what,  I thought of doing the same thing you did,  but I kind of felt that I'd

lose the item so I said f it... lol.   the redeemer came out pretty easy, cost me about 6 bucks in parts

(CTS pot and an orange drop) to get it right...   

BTW:  I emailed the seller to ask what brand of strings he used cos the thing just has a lot of

chunk...    Curt Magnan 10 to 48   (vs the typical 10-46)  and also top wrapped the

tailpiece... Going to grab some as I really like what he did there...

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Sweet guit! It looks just like one I was looking at for the longest time at Willcut that I almost bought years ago. Are the last three of the SN like 637, 697 or 631? 

Hi,  thx,   no, mine ends in what looks in 193?  I think     still lovin it, btw

Archived