Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Oh the horror, the horror

Ok, no extra holes? I'm also guessing that the old tone knob hole has been drilled out to fit the switch? Hey he did what he had to do and if you want an Artist with a Bigsby your in luck, just not with the price. ;) 

On another note, my co-guitarist just got one of those really nice custom shop LP ES's. It doesn't stay in tune EVER. 

Hmm. I don't mind that. The knobs, okay, but the Bigsby looks good to me. I normally don't care for Bigsbys either, but sometimes they work!

I don't mind a Bigsby at all when the guitar has a large body. In my eyes, the Bigsby design involves such proportionately large components and takes up so much real estate that on a normal sized solid body, it looks clunky.

Other than the speed knobs, what is the issue...??? An easier solution is the Duesey Les Trem ii like I have on my Artist...

IMG_3316.JPG

Ooh! I like the idea of the Duesenberg one. Whats good/bad about it? 

Everything is good about it...no mods necessary. It simply replaces the stoptail. Takes maybe 5 minutes max to install. Quality piece of kit. Looks good and more importantly, sounds good. It may increased sustain a touch and added a smudge of brightness. You can adjust the handle angle to almost, almost get into dive bomb territory. It bends up about a half-step and mine stays in tune very very well. Every bit as well as the Bigsby on my Newport or my Strat and they both hold tuning great. String installation is super easy compared to the Bigsby or even a Strat.

The bad: Nothing. I can reinstall the stoptail anytime and have no damage or modifications to cover.  Maybe some don't dig the looks. I do. Like a Bigsby with the spring yet it still retains the stoptail look. I love the Les Trem ii.

Archived