Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Incoming Greco Jeff Beck Tele Gib

Being an extreme tele lover, I've always been intrigued by the Tele Gib. Edwards has a relic'd model that I've come close to pulling the trigger on over the years, but never have. Until recently, I wasn't aware that Greco made a model (TL-600 J) for a couple of years in the late 70s. From my research, these typically have a pretty lightweight ash body. One popped up this week on Yahoo Japan. I made a run at it and ended up winning the auction. The description says players condition, but this pics look like it's in pretty good shape with a couple of dings here and there. As far as I can tell the pickups are original Greco PU-0s (you can tell as they each have 12 adjustable pole pieces). As always, there's risk in bringing something here from Japan, but I think it's pretty minimal in this case. I'll post an update in a couple of weeks when it gets here. In the meantime, here are a few pics from the seller.

y4mQVTsdq67EWu7Bt1SN8P4u37CrxBHif7_LaXJr

y4mM2payrodGg-5E7ZS1CTj_PVgdjIqx_BJFyBfi

y4mCJnTVAbHPkY4DgbBzlCnzJLqxT4_xbI9KLO3m

I have gotten guitars direct from sellers in Japan with no issues...................3 days by EMS. No rosewood on that guitar so you should be good to go with no problems or delays. BTW VERY cool guitar! Congrats!

1 hour ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

I have gotten guitars direct from sellers in Japan with no issues...................3 days by EMS. No rosewood on that guitar so you should be good to go with no problems or delays. BTW VERY cool guitar! Congrats!

Thanks. I've also imported guitars from Japan without issue. I'm using a proxy service on this one, so it'll take a little longer as it first needs to be shipped to the proxy for inspection and shipping to me.

Nice fiddle, congrats!

I just scored a 1970's double creme "The JB model" humbucker that would make that one even more like the real deal. Great sounding pickup, I put it in the neck of my SuperPro.

20294201_10156369228803362_7996613371826

20294130_10156369226913362_8367032280807

Archived