Hamer Fan Club Message Center
JGravelin

2017 Shishkov/Gravelin HFC Pickup Special!

9 hours ago, BruceM said:

It was a good day for ME! I must say, this is the smoothest, easiest transaction I've encountered on the HFC. Thanks so much, Josh!  I've got the P90 pair targeted for my Vanguard, and the dogear will soon take residence in my Korina Jr. I can't wait to hear the results.

And Josh lives just up the road a piece. I'm going to do my best to get him here for one of the 4-3-2-1 parties. I'm long overdue for another shindig!

GravelinP90s.JPG

I was just talking on the phone with Josh over the weekend and after shipping my package off I googled how far he was away from the you. Close enough for a Jam, and I'm ready for another 4321 Trip. 

• Like 1

After it getting stuck in the swedish customs for 5 days (!)... yesterday I finally got the Charlotte Bridge pickup from Josh! 

You are a great person in all respects and again I thank you!! :)

I will get assistance from my technically gifted son this Saturday to install it in my custom ordered Studio Custom - see my avatar! (This project is very exciting!)

An audio report is forthcoming!

20170822_175348[1].jpg

Edited by Sentinel
  • Like 6

Yep! It did the trick... with flying colors!! (Earlier longing for a LP to complete my stable. That idea is now gone completely.)

:D

The Charlotte bridge is simply fantastic in my Hamer Studio Custom. My son helped me install it today.  We are both floored.

Clear and distinct, both clean and with full on "metally" gain, a broad ranging perfect pup for my needs. :wub:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Josh!!

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Sentinel said:

Yep! It did the trick... with flying colors!! (Earlier longing for a LP to complete my stable. That idea is now gone completely.)

:D

The Charlotte bridge is simply fantastic in my Hamer Studio Custom. My son helped me install it today.  We are both floored.

Clear and distinct, both clean and with full on "metally" gain, a broad ranging perfect pup for my needs. :wub:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Josh!!

I hate to light a GAS Fire, but Josh's Neck Pups are to die for. ;) 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

I hate to light a GAS Fire, but Josh's Neck Pups are to die for. ;) 

Agreed 100%. Grace Shlabotnik is the clearest neck PAF type bucker I have ever played.

• Like 3

The pickups are in the Les Paul Custom.  There's no need for pics.  The guitar looks exactly as it did before I extricated the stock pickups.  Josh nailed it.  The maple top and maple fingerboard give the guitar a bit too much top for me.  These rounded out the tone perfectly.   I could go into the details, but the most impressive thing to me so far is how both pickups sound together.  Using the volumes and tones is incredible. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Shark said:

The pickups are in the Les Paul Custom.  There's no need for pics.  The guitar looks exactly as it did before I extricated the stock pickups.  Josh nailed it.  The maple top and maple fingerboard give the guitar a bit too much top for me.  These rounded out the tone perfectly.   I could go into the details, but the most impressive thing to me so far is how both pickups sound together.  Using the volumes and tones is incredible. 

I think he has left no stone upturned. I have some wiring to do this week so when my pickups arrive I can drop them right in. Just in time for my gig in a couple of weeks. I plan on popping the cork on this guitar to the rest of the band at the gig.  

• Like 1

Gravelin P90s arrived safe and well here (Spain). I had owned and own great pickups but these from Josh have the look.... I will put them tomorrow in a Goldtop guitar.

Thanks Josh!

• Like 3