Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer sighting.

Halford was hitting his notes! 

Many times Jol told the story of K.K. Downing accusing him of just wanting to use Judas Priest to sell his guitars, so he asked for a guitar that had his own name on the headstock intead of a Hamer logo.  That is the guitar Downing is playing in the video. 

Dayum! Halford sound in really good voice!

And is it me or does KK's Vector look to be sporting a Floyd-style trem (as opposed to the Kahler, normally associated with this ax?)

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 10.18.47 AM.png

52 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Around the 47 minute mark you can see the back of Tipton's Strat.  It looks like a 3 bolt neck with two additional screws.  Does anyone else think that is the case? 

I thought the same thing as I watched it, but I didn't try to freeze the frame and investigate.

3 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Dayum! Halford sound in really good voice!

And is it me or does KK's Vector look to be sporting a Floyd-style trem (as opposed to the Kahler, normally associated with this ax?)

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 10.18.47 AM.png

KK had/has a number of these.  That is the earliest one.

24 minutes ago, DBraz said:

The best KK's had Floyds 👍🏻😀

On principle alone, I'd have to agree. :D

What a GREAT day that was. Never got close enough to get really good shots but what a Monster Metal lineup. So good I had to fly out from Jacksonville, Fl. for it. METAL!!!! :rolleyes::P

I should post up about that one day and share the crazy things we did to RAWK. Most probably know, but for those who might not, the lineup that day was Quiet Riot, Motley Crue(@noon no less), Ozzy w/ Jake E. Lee, Triumph, Priest, Scorpions, and in their only 1983 date, Van Halen. Yeah Man. B)

On 8/12/2017 at 9:44 AM, Steve Haynie said:

Halford was hitting his notes! 

Many times Jol told the story of K.K. Downing accusing him of just wanting to use Judas Priest to sell his guitars, so he asked for a guitar that had his own name on the headstock intead of a Hamer logo.  That is the guitar Downing is playing in the video. 

I was wondering about that. Thanks.

On 8/12/2017 at 6:44 AM, Steve Haynie said:

Many times Jol told the story of K.K. Downing accusing him of just wanting to use Judas Priest to sell his guitars, so he asked for a guitar that had his own name on the headstock intead of a Hamer logo.  

Yes, as evidenced by the multitudinous throngs of JP fans breaking down doors to purchase Hamers. What a joke. Hamer might still be around if Downing's accusation had some merit.

I like K.K., but that was a dick statement on his part.

1 hour ago, RobB said:

Yes, as evidenced by the multitudinous throngs of JP fans breaking down doors to purchase Hamers. What a joke. Hamer might still be around if Downing's accusation had some merit.

I like K.K., but that was a dick statement on his part.

That's actually true, but was done as a joke.  KK made a crack about it, and Jol/Paul did the logo thing as a friendly poke back at him.  

I had this on VHS in high school and used to wear it out!

no QR or MC on the tape, just Ozzy/Triumph/JP/Scorps (all killer) & VH (not good, unfortunately).

56 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

That's actually true, but was done as a joke.  KK made a crack about it, and Jol/Paul did the logo thing as a friendly poke back at him.  

Fair enough. I rescind my self-righteous indignation. 

Archived