Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS - 2001 Korina Standard

Time to move this one on to the next person. 

It didn't come with COA when I bought it, though it is pretty clear it's for real. The only two things that aren't original is that at some point, Schaller tuners were put on, so you can see a tiny screw hole peeking from behind the tuner machine. I also put black SD Alnico II Pro Slash Sigs in it.

The neck is a bit chunky. Not as thick as a 59 LP profile, but more meat than the early to mid 90s Hamers I owned with a pretty round shoulder - little fuller than a modern C but not quite a vintage U shape.

It does have two small dings in the top wing from catching it on the door the other day.  They aren't large, but they're their (damnit).  Hopefully this new picture site works!

$2000 CONUS

IMG_0550.jpg
IMG_0548.jpg
IMG_0532.jpg
IMG_0528.jpg
IMG_0534.jpg
IMG_0533.jpg
IMG_0531.jpg
IMG_0530.jpg
IMG_0529.jpg

There wouldn't have been a certificate in 2001.

1 hour ago, tbonesullivan said:

What kind of tuners did those usually come with?  Those holes look more like Sperzel locking tuner holes than screw holes, IMHO.

Others have come with the Schaller tuners.  I'd guess someone swapped them out then back again.

Very nice Standard! The new owner will receive a great rocker.

12 hours ago, DaveL said:

It's possible that those holes are from a kluson keystone six in line. 

Not this.

19 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

Those holes look more like Sperzel locking tuner holes than screw holes, IMHO.

This.

you don't need a Certificate of Authenticity.  Its a genuine Hamer if there is some Hameritis on it somewhere.  Hameritis is an indisputable mark of authenticity.  Anyone with a good printer, the right paper & fonts can make a Hamer COA

Cheers!  Happy  Eclipse,, fer Godz sake get the correct glasses  so you don't fry your retinas.

caddie

Beautiful!  I was just thinking I've never owned a korina guitar and would like to try one sometime, but I already have 2 Standards.  I'm leaning more towards a V, which I've also never had.  Two birds with one stone!

GLWTS - shouldn't take long.

On 8/17/2017 at 5:01 AM, Caddie said:

you don't need a Certificate of Authenticity.  Its a genuine Hamer if there is some Hameritis on it somewhere.  Hameritis is an indisputable mark of authenticity.  Anyone with a good printer, the right paper & fonts can make a Hamer COA

Cheers!  Happy  Eclipse,, fer Godz sake get the correct glasses  so you don't fry your retinas.

caddie

No Hameritis to speak of on this fella. Clearly a fake!  :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've only been a member here for 5 years, but I never thought I'd see the day when a Korina Standard would be available for sale for months. 

Hope someone ponies up soon.

Archived