Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Santa Barbara Acoustic Instruments Celebration

YEN

Is any board member coming to the Santa Barbara Acoustic Instruments Celebration? I'll be showing my guitars this year. If any board member want to meet up at the show, hit me up. You can check out www.sbaic.com for more info. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_240.jpg

1 hour ago, YEN said:

For those who are interested in my builds, please go to www.notefornote.net      Thanks!

Beautiful work on that site!  

Quick question:  Can you explain the "palm rest" to me?  I totally get the arm rest on the bass side of the lower bout, but I'm trying to figure out which palm I'm put on the palm rest and when.  Is it for fretting really high notes on the treble side?

1 hour ago, sixesandsevens said:

Beautiful work on that site!  

Quick question:  Can you explain the "palm rest" to me?  I totally get the arm rest on the bass side of the lower bout, but I'm trying to figure out which palm I'm put on the palm rest and when.  Is it for fretting really high notes on the treble side?

with none cutaway body shape, it adds a little ease to the higher frets, some people do a big "scoop", I did a small one because this particular guitar also has cantilever neck design. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_89.jpg

29 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Wow!  You are going to be a hero around here when more people look at your work!

Thanks! I'm just a Hamer fan who also build acoustic guitars...haha

Love them!

Do you build acoustic flying vees? :ph34r::D

ETA: Or a Flying V uke!!!! I want one! :)

8 hours ago, zorrow said:

Love them!

Do you build acoustic flying vees? :ph34r::D

ETA: Or a Flying V uke!!!! I want one! :)

Brilliant idea! Unfortunately it's beyond my ability right now. I'll let you know when I know how to make a "v" acoustic sound good.😄

Archived