Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Incoming Hamer

Camstone

Pulled the trigger on this Phantom Custom off of Reverb. Made the seller an offer and he took it. Looks like a sweet top and super clean.

Been wanting one of these for ten + years, ever since I played JohnnyB's at Pesocasters house.

Prolly be here next week.

Phantom.jpg

Those look Brian May-ish. I'm starting to like them quite a bit. :)

Congrats!

• 3 weeks later...

This guitar arrived a couple of weeks ago and after some tweeking to the setup is freekin' awesome!

I love how I can get Strat sounds out of it. It is in unbelievably great condition and has a sweet maple top and sienna sunburst finish.

I have a 3 hour gig today up at Benson Winery in Lake Chelan and brought it along as a member of the harem.

Phantom (1024x768).jpg

17 hours ago, Gabe said:

Very nice guitar.

Just out of curiosity: As I see no pickup-switch, what do the knobs do, how to get different sounds out of it?

Gabe :)

The knob by the pickguard is volume, the next one back is tone and the rear knob is a five way pickup selector that works like a strat (bridge, bridge -middle, middle, middle-neck, neck). I have an inbound chicken head knob so that I can visually see what setting it's on.

Here's a couple of pics from yesterday's gig at Benson Vineyards.

The Phantom in action, and my quiver for the event: Junior, Phantom, Superpro, Duocat 12 and Mr Quilty. It was a three hour show, so I actually played them all.

DSCN0736 (1024x766).jpg

DSCN0709 (768x1024).jpg

Archived