Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2006 Newport, Jazzburst, SOLD

2006 Hamer Newport.  Jazzburst.  7 lbs. 2 oz. on my “not-legal-for-trade” scale. Modern neck carve  which is a medium size; about the same as my ’96 Studio or my old ’96 Eclipse.

I ordered this through Wilcutt.  I am the original owner.  I don’t know what a gig is.  I am strictly a home player so this guitar has had a cushy life.  It was my primary guitar for 3 years.  This is the best sounding, most beautifully constructed guitar I have ever played.  A series of finger, wrist and shoulder injuries has made this guitar a bit of an imposition to play for more than 20 minutes.

I built myself a short-scale hollow-body Partscaster that I can now play comfortably so, regrettably, after a few years of denial, I have come to terms with selling this.

Overall this is in great shape.  There are two tiny 3mm dimples on the back side that I have pictured on the link.  There is a smush with intact finish on the front side under the Bigsby that occurred the first time I tried to change strings (much swearing ensued and the cat bolted from the room) which is also pictured.  There is some moderate fretwear, mostly in the cowboy chords area.  Includes Certificate of Authenticity, trussrod adjustment tool and the original Hamer hard-shell-case which is in excellent condition.  The only change in this guitar is I took out the rattley little springs from under the pickup rings and replaced them with pieces of surgical tubing.  The original pickup springs are included. 

(paypal and shipping included in lower 48).  Thanks for looking.

59a618bd7d3c5_IMG_3409copy.thumb.jpg.1450fec2cf16cca2a5cec34302e1bdd5.jpgDSC00192.thumb.JPG.2a2c2bf1b2d99fb48db4ca74260c7a7e.JPGDSC00193.thumb.JPG.a1846f3eb51d8b7fb08834bdecd41909.JPGDSC00187.thumb.JPG.afc8a64506cdddfd5242bd301f834bb0.JPG

You really can't blink around here or you miss the good stuff!

Sorry for your injuries. Newports certainly are the best guitars ever to the words of a friend of mine. He knows what he is saying usually.

Someone is snagging a great.

Damn! I thought I got lucky when this one sold so quickly. Now it's back, but I still don't need another Newport.

Damn. Damn. Damn. That's a nice one.

Damn I hate being old-n-broke.

Archived