Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Considering Getting An Explorer Refinished...

srvwannab

Exactly what Kiz said above - this one started life as a 2004 SG Cherry model, and it got upgraded/pimped out by Stike for the far, far better.

FCMROWYCO67Vee4_zps45bc811b.jpg

FCMROWYCO67Vee_zpscd34b945.jpg

Kizanski - that is exactly how I'm looking at it.   The thing stike is all about is metal flakes.  I'm sure he can do anything - but, the metal flakes in his gallery blow me away.  I also believe Explorers and V's really lend themselves to outrageous paint.  Using a common Fender Custom color - like my first idea, Firemist Silver- would be underwhelming to me. 

Metal flake, baby!!

I'm  going to tell him what I like in his gallery- and what I don't like and let him have at it.  

1 hour ago, srvwannab said:

Kizanski - that is exactly how I'm looking at it.   The thing stike is all about is metal flakes.  I'm sure he can do anything - but, the metal flakes in his gallery blow me away.  I also believe Explorers and V's really lend themselves to outrageous paint.  Using a common Fender Custom color - like my first idea, Firemist Silver- would be underwhelming to me. 

Metal flake, baby!!

I'm  going to tell him what I like in his gallery- and what I don't like and let him have at it.  

Yes, he CAN do anything, including teach himself how to airbrush my artwork onto a guitar body that he justt painted.
The Victim Explorer above is a great example of his craftsmanship. 

Oh yeah, Stike knows flakes. All I told him initially was "match Dorothy's slippers" and when I tried to give further instructions, he told me to STFU, "I got this."

18788713_10212723024810965_1993933584_n.jpg

IMG_9363.JPG

14 hours ago, Jeff R said:

Oh yeah, Stike knows flakes. All I told him initially was "match Dorothy's slippers" and when I tried to give further instructions, he told me to STFU, "I got this."

18788713_10212723024810965_1993933584_n.jpg

IMG_9363.JPG

No further instructions necessary.  

^^^^ That is bitchin' badassery right there. +1 for those big ass screws coming out the bridge/studs. Reminds me of Frankenstein's neck LOL. 

Archived