Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
hamerhead

OCD V2 - anybody try one?

Recommended Posts

bubs_42    3,625
On September 15, 2017 at 8:31 AM, hamerhead said:

With a Fender amp they maintain the sound of a Fender amp while adding however much dirt you want. Every other OD I've tried doesn't do that.

Saucy Box

 

20 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

The Tim/Timmy pedals will work best for those, however from what I've experienced and heard, including from the great video posted with eight versions (LOL) the 1.1 and 1.6 OCD will work better than the other OCD pedals IMO.

I like the Timmy over the Tim and the OCD. 

 

14 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Oh poor misguided soul...there are, there are......

LOL!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bubs_42    3,625
12 hours ago, The Shark said:

My 1959 tweed Deluxe is my "baseline" for testing a guitar.  It's cleans are warm and fat, but the top end isn't at all muddy.  When cranked a bit, it's very Larry Carlton-esque.  When dimed, it's got that early ZZ Top thing.  And it accepts overdrive pedals like no amp I've ever owned.  I have yet to try the OCD.  I'm prowling for a good one now.  Great thread.

qKl63et.jpg

Awesome amp! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cmatthes    12,488

Awesome brush!  

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtrdaddy    2,300
5 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

I like the Timmy over the Tim and the OCD.

Years ago when I was curious, Paul C told me the Timmy is the exact same circuit used in the Tim sans Boost channel and FX loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bubs_42    3,625
11 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Years ago when I was curious, Paul C told me the Timmy is the exact same circuit used in the Tim sans Boost channel and FX loop.

Not doubting it one bit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Shark    2,550
4 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Awesome brush!  

 

Fuller Brush from my dad's shop in the sixties.  I've had it since I moved out in 1982!  I also have a yardstick from Citrus Carpets from the same time period.  They are my clients today!  Kind of wish I'd landed the Fuller Brush Co. instead!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jakeboy    3,022
On 9/15/2017 at 9:48 PM, The Shark said:

My 1959 tweed Deluxe is my "baseline" for testing a guitar.  It's cleans are warm and fat, but the top end isn't at all muddy.  When cranked a bit, it's very Larry Carlton-esque.  When dimed, it's got that early ZZ Top thing.  And it accepts overdrive pedals like no amp I've ever owned.  I have yet to try the OCD.  I'm prowling for a good one now.  Great thread.

qKl63et.jpg

I have a Lil Dawg 5e3 tweed Deluxe clone....what great amps they are! Perfect for blues and classic rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Shark    2,550
1 hour ago, Jakeboy said:

I have a Lil Dawg 5e3 tweed Deluxe clone....what great amps they are! Perfect for blues and classic rock.

Everyone asks if it's for sale...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jakeboy    3,022

I nearly asked but I knew the answer... :0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×