Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
hamerhead

OCD V2 - anybody try one?

bubs_42    3,625
On September 15, 2017 at 8:31 AM, hamerhead said:

With a Fender amp they maintain the sound of a Fender amp while adding however much dirt you want. Every other OD I've tried doesn't do that.

Saucy Box

20 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

The Tim/Timmy pedals will work best for those, however from what I've experienced and heard, including from the great video posted with eight versions (LOL) the 1.1 and 1.6 OCD will work better than the other OCD pedals IMO.

I like the Timmy over the Tim and the OCD. 

14 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Oh poor misguided soul...there are, there are......

LOL!!

• Like 1

bubs_42    3,625
12 hours ago, The Shark said:

My 1959 tweed Deluxe is my "baseline" for testing a guitar.  It's cleans are warm and fat, but the top end isn't at all muddy.  When cranked a bit, it's very Larry Carlton-esque.  When dimed, it's got that early ZZ Top thing.  And it accepts overdrive pedals like no amp I've ever owned.  I have yet to try the OCD.  I'm prowling for a good one now.  Great thread.

qKl63et.jpg

Awesome amp! 

cmatthes    12,488

Awesome brush!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

gtrdaddy    2,300
5 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

I like the Timmy over the Tim and the OCD.

Years ago when I was curious, Paul C told me the Timmy is the exact same circuit used in the Tim sans Boost channel and FX loop.

bubs_42    3,625
11 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Years ago when I was curious, Paul C told me the Timmy is the exact same circuit used in the Tim sans Boost channel and FX loop.

Not doubting it one bit. 

The Shark    2,550
4 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Awesome brush!  

Fuller Brush from my dad's shop in the sixties.  I've had it since I moved out in 1982!  I also have a yardstick from Citrus Carpets from the same time period.  They are my clients today!  Kind of wish I'd landed the Fuller Brush Co. instead!

• Like 2

Jakeboy    3,022
On 9/15/2017 at 9:48 PM, The Shark said:

My 1959 tweed Deluxe is my "baseline" for testing a guitar.  It's cleans are warm and fat, but the top end isn't at all muddy.  When cranked a bit, it's very Larry Carlton-esque.  When dimed, it's got that early ZZ Top thing.  And it accepts overdrive pedals like no amp I've ever owned.  I have yet to try the OCD.  I'm prowling for a good one now.  Great thread.

qKl63et.jpg

I have a Lil Dawg 5e3 tweed Deluxe clone....what great amps they are! Perfect for blues and classic rock.

The Shark    2,550
1 hour ago, Jakeboy said:

I have a Lil Dawg 5e3 tweed Deluxe clone....what great amps they are! Perfect for blues and classic rock.

Everyone asks if it's for sale...

Jakeboy    3,022

I nearly asked but I knew the answer... :0

• Like 1