Hamer Fan Club Message Center

UPDATED FS: Two Hamer Steve Stevens II (SSII) seafoam & 2HB

4 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

My god, there are guitars in Joes collection that are off the the Steve Stevens chart... that archtopped SS1 for one... this foam green SS2 is wild.

My wall holds 45 guitars, I bought the Barbarella and have the Famous Monsters replica near completion, I need available hooks!  I'd never sell otherwise.  My wife has given up and said I should just hang a few on the perpendicular wall. 

That black one has haunted me for years.  Don't know what it is about it.  Though I know I and the neck would never get along.  The seafoam is on another level entirely.

Just noticed the different strap pin positions.  Was one of these Steve's preference, or did he use either / both?

On another note, was the pickup configuration on the SS1 more Hamer's idea and the SSII more Steve's idea?  I ask because the SS1 switching is the same as the Phantom A5 (with obviously different pickup positioning) and the SSII seems alien to other Hamers of the period.  

At the time the SSII was developed, super strats were all the rage.  Of course they were bolt on which limited upper fret access, which is ironic given it was also the height of shred mania.  The SS gave the scale length of the super strats, while maintaining the woods and setneck nature of the earlier model. 

The SSI was based on previous Hamer models obviously, the SSII seems to have been a ground up production. 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, velorush said:

Just noticed the different strap pin positions.  Was one of these Steve's preference, or did he use either / both?  

I think the heel location is standard. I think all of Steve's have it on the upper horn.

My SSI liked to neck dive with it on the heel so I moved it to the horn. I didn't really want to modify it but the nose dive kept me from playing it so years later I am glad I did it.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^

Exactly this.  ^^^

That Black SS with the dual hums and a Floyd looks like THE perfect Rock guitar--especially for anything from 1980 to mid 90s.     Great looking shape and great lower cutaway.   I'm just not anywhere in any kind of purchase mode after taking care of life and family needs.   Someone is missing out, big-time!

• 2 months later...

Archived