Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: Exemplary Monaco Elite

Was planning to sell mine. Had 5 of them and kept this one for last - best player to my opinion. New condition, sunburst color, tight flame maple top. And not asking for an arm and the leg. I am a Cali person, as many guys noticed. Let me know if interested.  

1 hour ago, Northsider said:

They are ALL great looking.....................but this one.................. WOW! Sure the "RIGHT" one will find you.................maybe it all ready has.:)

23 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

It is one of only three MONELs made with a Florentine cutout. They were a custom order for Bob Willcutt. That guitar is awesome. I know because I'm the original owner :-)

It certainly looks like a great guitar, and the f-hole adds to the value (as it probably givers weight relief also).

However, an f-hole is something else as a Florentine cutout, I thought a Florentine cutout is a cutaway as in a Gibson L-175, with the sharp edge as opposed to the soft edge of an L-5, which is called Venetian cutaway, or am I wrong?

Gabe :)

14 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

On another note, those three MONELs with the F/holes are the only semi hollow Elites made.

There is one more floating around somewhere in Germany.

I nearly bought it, but missed it, then.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_37db.jpg

On 9/16/2017 at 9:13 PM, Greg Smith said:

I've got this one that might do it.  It weighs 8.75, ebony board, as close to mint as it gets, case queen.  Send me an email to [email protected] and I'll give you the full run down and better pictures.

Greg

DSC00743.JPG

Monaco Elite BCR Ebony_2.jpg

Damn, that's nice, Greg. Congrats to The Shark!

4 hours ago, JustKid said:

This one reminds me of my much loved Framus AK47

Framus 04.jpg

Now thats a F-Hole and a Florentine Cutout!:) I had a original Framus "Jan Akkerman" model back in the day. BIG neck and it played really nice..............another I should have kept. Cool guitar!

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank Greg publicly for a great deal all the way around.  The guitar is better than described and the "exemplary" example I was looking for.  Sounds fantastic with the Rio Grande pickups too, but I already knew it would.  Very underrated pickups.

Archived