Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Remember this one? (early hamer prototype centura)

murkat

To refresh the minds~

It was a wreck. Jol did not provide any real detail of the instrument via memory or serial #.

I can tell you that it went thru many incarnations. Many layers of paint with many label / decals, many routings between coats of paint, all factory done.

Mystery (trem) bridge was never really revealed. All time period options of were dismissed.

Kjq7Dhf.jpg

BrJoLDb.jpg

B6Hl8Yk.jpg

Guitar was gutted down to wood, refretted, shelf made for floyd nut, layers and layers of mahogany wood to fill the suspect trem routings. All mocked up, setup, prepped, then sent off to Stike for some spray.

iEUqDE1.jpg

and..... wa la.... a newly refurbed mystery proto centura.

9B64ROB.jpg

OOaQBec.jpg

6UGfFVU.jpg

CeNaLsS.jpg

2 hours ago, murkat said:

To refresh the minds~

It was a wreck. Jol did not provide any real detail of the instrument via memory or serial #.

I can tell you that it went thru many incarnations. Many layers of paint with many label / decals, many routings between coats of paint, all factory done.

Mystery (trem) bridge was never really revealed. All time period options of were dismissed.

Kjq7Dhf.jpg

BrJoLDb.jpg

B6Hl8Yk.jpg

Guitar was gutted down to wood, refretted, shelf made for floyd nut, layers and layers of mahogany wood to fill the suspect trem routings. All mocked up, setup, prepped, then sent off to Stike for some spray.

iEUqDE1.jpg

and..... wa la.... a newly refurbed mystery proto centura.

9B64ROB.jpg

OOaQBec.jpg

6UGfFVU.jpg

CeNaLsS.jpg

I remember that guitar!:o.................and what it looked like.:o Now.........................Incredible! :):wub:You sir are a Magician!:) You would never know that is the same instrument..........  Great Repair! {Murkat}  Great Paint Job! [Stike]

1 hour ago, scottcald said:

Now, it's All Fixed Up.  

And indeed after all the TLC and :wub: that you put into it, its a great looking geetar.  I'll bet it sounds as a good if not better.  Cali.  Centaura. Whatever.  Its now Cinderella.  Transformed from sweeping floors to belle of the RAWK'N Ball.  Cheers!

caddie

Great job on the restoration of that guitar! It still looks like a Chapparal to me though.

Guitar George

24 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Stike is pretty good at it, as well. :D

IOS auto correct trap. B)

On 20/09/2017 at 4:46 PM, murkat said:

9CGmilx.jpg

Even in sunlight, it just goes nuts in color.

plays very well too ;)

Do you need a concealed carry permit to put that in a case and bring it to a gig?  As soon as you open the case the ATF bad ass boys will be all over you!

Archived