Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Robin Avalon Custom dubbed "Quiltus Maximus" For Sale

This is a top of the line Robin Avalon.  It's a one piece fakimba body and one piece fakimba neck.  That would be Spanish Cedar to those that don't know.  Doug Kauer makes all  his guitars out of Spanish Cedar.  It's light and sounds like mahogany.  The top is fabulous.  Big neck (think '58 Les Paul).  The finger board is select Indian rosewood.  The "double crown" inlays are unique and only a handful of guitars were ever built with them.  Everything is bound.  Rio Grande pickups.  I'm the original owner.  The guitar is near mint.  I never say mint, no matter what.  The guitar has literally no wear.  There will be no more of these made.  It's light and rings like a piano.  I'll be buying BCR Greg dinner, if it sells.  His pics are always superlative. I'll post more pics and answer any questions you might have.  I just don't have great photographic skills!  Price is now $2,900.  Trades I can flip are welcome.  No amps. The word "unobtainium" comes to mind.  Shipping is on me. 

lHxklNe.jpg

zyw7duq.jpg

That is one amazing looking guitar STUNNING! GLWTS I have never owned a Robin guitar.............played some though and they were top notch in every respect.  BTW I like those PUP rings as well.............just something a little different that works well with the rest of the guitar to set it off from others.

43 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Received a PM on TGP (where it's also for sale) that opined that I'm a little "ambitious" on the price.  I told the guy to go buy the other one.  And he bit!  He asked me where the other one was for sale!!!  No shit.

I wish I could see the expression on his face when you send him the pix of the other one.

"Here's the other one, jackass!"

Sometimes, that is the greater victory.

5 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Sometimes, that is the greater victory.

When someone offers their unsolicited critique, a la, "Your price is a bit ambitious," my counter above is actually one of the kinder responses he could receive.  

2 hours ago, kizanski said:

When someone offers their unsolicited critique, a la, "Your price is a bit ambitious," my counter above is actually one of the kinder responses he could receive.  

I was thinking that you wouldn't have passed up the chance to grill the dude.  I just chalk it up to the venue. 

• 2 weeks later...

I could not justify buying something in that price range at this time in my life even though IMHO its worth that..............has all the best things about one of those.[Surprised the Avalon at Dave's was priced that low.] I have nothing to trade either IF that were  possible. Still it does not stop me from wanting it. I realise its a completely different guitar in terms of what it is but it does remind  me of a Yamaha Weddington Custom I used to own...........this Robin has a way better top on it. VERY COOL! GLWTS

Archived