Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA Hamer USA GC Youngstown, centaura? $399

not sure diablo or centaura?? .  regardless $399 seems fair...   

"comes with a case" typically means 1) you may get a case   2) you may not  or 3)

you will get the wrong case with a Fender Custom Shop certificate in it!   just my experience.  ;) 

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Hamer/80s-Double-Cut-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc

Hi All

It 's a Centaura in metallic red finish, neck pickup was changed for an hot rail certainly a Seymour Duncan one, original one was an ssl1) stock pickups were a SAeymour duncan JB (SH4) in bridge and 2 SSL1 for mid and neck.

A body was built with alder piece, neck was a one piece of maple and fingerboard was in 24 frets rosewood with dot perloid inlays on top side ( finishes availables: white , metallic red, metallic black, and granite black and white finish).

A bridge was a Schaller Floyd Rose labeled Hamer.

one volume and one tone pots, mid passive cut switch and 5 way pickup selector and and the jack out was a strat style plate plate to the bottom side of the body

Sold in France for 8990frs (1350€ around) in the mid '90 with the original Hamer hardcase

Reverse headstock was the standand look with Schaller labeled hamer tuners an Staduim Hamer usa Logo and serial number was tappered to the rear of the head

On 9/23/2017 at 2:52 AM, DaveL said:

"comes with a case" typically means 1) you may get a case   2) you may not  or 3)

you will get the wrong case with a Fender Custom Shop certificate in it!   just my experience.  ;) 

So, it arrived today.  And... no case! In true Guitar Center fashion, they still have the case- they just forgot to send it!  

11 minutes ago, srvwannab said:

So, it arrived today.  And... no case! In true Guitar Center fashion, they still have the case- they just forgot to send it!  

low expectations,  no disappointments!!!    lol...  good that they have it. 

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Demand a case if it was advertised with a case.

I did.  They said it would go out Monday.  DaveL's comment was hilarious because Guitar Center is infamous for separating guitars and cases and getting them mixed up.

These are two recent Guitar Center Hamer arrivals.  

I REALLY like the tone of the Duncan cool rails in the neck of the Centaur.  I was going to put the correct Duncan in before I played it.  Now I think it is staying.  

IMG_5763.JPG

Archived