Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Copper metallic Monaco Elite with Bigsby

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Hamer/MONACO-ELITE-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar

Just looked at and played this guitar at GC Peoria.  It was mentioned  in a previous thread.  But there were no pics of it.  So here's some pics.  The sales guy said that it was a one off for a NAMM show.  My first reaction to it was that it was pretty light for a Monaco.  I would estimate that it was between 8 and 8 1/2 pounds.  The Metallic Orange looks pretty cool.  It's not Mint.  The top is in near perfect shape.  The back has a few scratches and a couple very small dings but nothing noteworthy.  The headstock and truss rod cover has a bunch of small scratches all over it.  It's very odd like pick scratches all over it.  But it looked to me like they could be buffed out pretty easily if you wanted.  I'm not interested because  I'm not into the neck shape or Bigsby's but thought you guys might be interested.  The neck was pretty standard Hamer width but was a little deeper than my Newport.  All in all looked pretty good except the odd headstock wear.   By the way no affiliation to GC . 

20170928_180755.jpg

On 29/09/2017 at 1:08 PM, burningyen said:

I vaguely recall one of these being called Copper Metallic when it was in stock at Willcutt’s.

Yep - here it is. 655107

655107-2.jpg

655107-1.jpg

Edit: dug up some more.

From memory (and the look of it) the fingerboard is Brazilain. 

655107-1.jpg

655107-2.jpg

655107-3.jpg

3 hours ago, Sam said:

Yep - here it is. 655107

655107-2.jpg

655107-1.jpg

Edit: dug up some more.

From memory (and the look of it) the fingerboard is Brazilain. 

655107-1.jpg

655107-2.jpg

655107-3.jpg

Yes I confirmed the serial number from my pics.  That is it.  I'll have to go back next week when I'm in Peoria and confirm the brazilian board.  I  usually spot that but maybe I missed it.

44 minutes ago, texwest said:

Yes I confirmed the serial number from my pics.  That is it.  I'll have to go back next week when I'm in Peoria and confirm the brazilian board.  I  usually spot that but maybe I missed it.

Do they have the cert? At that weight (with Bigsby) wonder if it's chambered. 

Played it again last night and had a more favorable disposition towards it.  I played it with those crappy GC picks last week and I just couldn't get into, but last night had my fender mediums and heavys and it sounded alot better to me.  Maybe it was my mood too.  LOL

The certificate says it's brazilian.  I've had 3 guitars with brazilian and it's not a real obvious difference in look from Indian.

All my previous impressions are still accurate.  It's weight seems light and it has those light scratches all over the headstock but in most ways doesn't seem to have been played much.

I picked up a les paul right next to it and the monaco was lighter, easier to play and definitely sounded better.  So it killed that les paul.

I am a sucker for goldtops. The copper looks even better. If I was in my past buying mood (and the price was lower and I did not already have 2 Bigsby equipped Hamers in the stash) I might start to get heated up. ;)

I stopped by Wikcutt's yesterday. They have exactly one Hamer left if the dozens they had when the doors closed.

42 minutes ago, texwest said:

You think that Roxy Music place has the biggest stock of NOS Hamers?

They certainly have the most way overpriced!

If it's a Monaco Monaco without the f-holes, it would be a one-off. I'd say the price is high, but not overpriced. We have seen bigger excesses on pricing lately.

And it's a much better color than a gold top IMO.

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

I really don't think the price is high at all. It's the only one Elite I've ever seen in that color, plus... the Bigsby. I'd say it's a bargain.

And its a Namm Guitar. If we weren't such cheap guitarist, they may still be in business. 

On 09/10/2017 at 1:56 AM, bubs_42 said:

And its a Namm Guitar. If we weren't such cheap guitarist, they may still be in business. 

Brazilian, NAMM and a one off custom colour. It's a steal - and if I could safely get it to Oz it'd be mine. 

1 hour ago, Sam said:

Brazilian, NAMM and a one off custom colour. It's a steal - and if I could safely get it to Oz it'd be mine. 

Hard as hell getting it to OZ anyway. Last time I tried to get one in I had to send it in pieces. I am willing to saw it in half, if you really want it. 

On 10/10/2017 at 11:41 AM, bubs_42 said:

Hard as hell getting it to OZ anyway. Last time I tried to get one in I had to send it in pieces.

Oddly enough, this very guitar came to Oz ("mint") nearly ten years back, yet made it home to the states. I enquired at the time, tho they wouldn't drop below $6000 AUD. Hope someone here snagged it!

copper.jpg

11 hours ago, Sam said:

Oddly enough, this very guitar came to Oz ("mint") nearly ten years back, yet made it home to the states. I enquired at the time, tho they wouldn't drop below $6000 AUD. Hope someone here snagged it!

copper.jpg

Sadly, when the Aussie Market crashed before everyone elses. You could get a brand new Standard Custom, Custom Ordered in Tort with and ebony board for $1900 Shipped to your door around that time. Jacksons had some great Hamers. 

Archived