Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Copper metallic Monaco Elite with Bigsby

11 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Sadly, when the Aussie Market crashed before everyone elses. You could get a brand new Standard Custom, Custom Ordered in Tort with and ebony board for $1900 Shipped to your door around that time. Jacksons had some great Hamers. 

It didn't have an ebony board (hell of a top tho.) ;) 

b.jpg

ff.jpg

h.jpg

rd.jpg

ty.jpg

Longtime lurker and first time posting.

The copper-top Elite has joined an aztec gold SuperPro and see through green swamp ash Daytona. It's been adopted into a good family.   B)

Well Congratulations, Dan!  You saved several of us from ourselves.  That looks like a gorgeous guitar, and I bet it sounds as good as it looks.  Awesome.  

Welcome to the HFC, and should you ever decide to cut that Copper-top loose, let me know, would you please?  

Best, 

A.Bandini

2 hours ago, DanD said:

Longtime lurker and first time posting.

The copper-top Elite has joined an aztec gold SuperPro and see through green swamp ash Daytona. It's been adopted into a good family.   B)

Congratulations and watch out for the Hamer addiction.  It sucked me in and I'm not sure there is a cure.

Thanks guys. :D

I finally got a few minutes to play her and I'm a happy camper so far.  Doesn't sound like the usual SD Custom Custom/Custom combination that the SuperPro has. These pups are much warmer with a lower output.  

I'm kind of intrigued as to what pups are in there now that I've heard them.

Strings are good so it'll be the next string change before I pull the pups.  I took a look 'under the hood' and all the solder joints look kosher and the wiring is very tidy.  If it was re-wired at one point someone did an awesome job.  

Does anyone know what other pups Hamer would've put in the elites in '06-'07? 

5 hours ago, DanD said:

Being a NAMM guitar it's going to be tricky to guess. Could be higher end Duncans (Seth Lovers, Antiquity, SLUs etc.) Jol and Willcutt were big on Lollars at the time too, so could be a pair of those. Crack it open and tell us what you find! 

namm .jpg

14 hours ago, DanD said:

Thanks guys. :D

I finally got a few minutes to play her and I'm a happy camper so far.  Doesn't sound like the usual SD Custom Custom/Custom combination that the SuperPro has. These pups are much warmer with a lower output.  

I'm kind of intrigued as to what pups are in there now that I've heard them.

Strings are good so it'll be the next string change before I pull the pups.  I took a look 'under the hood' and all the solder joints look kosher and the wiring is very tidy.  If it was re-wired at one point someone did an awesome job.  

I agree. After playing it, just based on output, I didn't think it had the Custom/custom custom pickups.  I would be interested in what you find.  Possibly Seth Lovers but they may have been even warmer than that.  Please let us know.

I'm taking the Elite with me on a two week training assignment for work.

Should have plenty of 'getting to know you'  time. Hopefully have a chance to dial her in a bit and maybe some new strings.  :P 

I am  pretty interested to pull the pups just because it'll torture me until I do...:unsure: 

Archived