Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Need recommendations on cases for my 58 reissue.

bubs_42

Question

So, I've officially given up on saving the piss soaked case so its time to replace it. I cannot control the room that it is well enough, so before winter hits I need to get a case. I want a good case, for storage and shipping. I'm planning on it making a trip to Nashville sooner or later for some care. 

16 answers to this question

That piss-soaked case makes a perfect cat coffin.

Just sayin'...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/3i421456

They are expensive and heavy AF but super snug and as tough as they come. Fits Les Pauls and doublecut Hamers perfectly. Mine has made several trips to Jay with no worries. It'll be the last shipping case you'll ever buy.

7 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/3i421456

They are expensive and heavy AF but super snug and as tough as they come. Fits Les Pauls and doublecut Hamers perfectly. Mine has made several trips to Jay with no worries. It'll be the last shipping case you'll ever buy.

Still cheaper than my reissue case. 

Of the aftermarket options available, I like my Hiscox cases the best.  They're a bit unconventional in appearance, both interior and exterior, but they're incredibly sturdy and prevent shifting better than anything I've found.  The prices I've found in the US are more than double the cost of importing from the UK.  Andertons sells them for under $165 shipped to your door.  I was made aware of them when a cheap Brian May brand Red Special arrived in a Hiscox made specifically to fit it.  From there I read the reviews, watched the videos, and had a sip of the kool-aid.   My experience is only with the May and LP cases, but I've got a couple SGs in gig bags that will eventually have Hiscox cases.  Picture below isn't mine, just a representative pic from the web.

hiscox_lespaul.jpg

Thanks guys, I went a Gator TSA ATA Case. Good for shipping and gigging. If I would have bought the SKB I still would have had to buy something to take to gigs. 19lbs worth of case is a little much and honestly would not fit in my car. 

On October 3, 2017 at 2:53 PM, cynic said:

Of the aftermarket options available, I like my Hiscox cases the best.  They're a bit unconventional in appearance, both interior and exterior, but they're incredibly sturdy and prevent shifting better than anything I've found.  The prices I've found in the US are more than double the cost of importing from the UK.  Andertons sells them for under $165 shipped to your door.  I was made aware of them when a cheap Brian May brand Red Special arrived in a Hiscox made specifically to fit it.  From there I read the reviews, watched the videos, and had a sip of the kool-aid.   My experience is only with the May and LP cases, but I've got a couple SGs in gig bags that will eventually have Hiscox cases.  Picture below isn't mine, just a representative pic from the web.

hiscox_lespaul.jpg

FYI, GC Carries them. http://www.guitarcenter.com/search?typeAheadSuggestion=true&typeAheadRedirect=true&Ntt=Hiscox

On 10/3/2017 at 1:31 PM, django49 said:

I got one for my SG Junior.  Overkill, I know...  This one's not a dead nuts replica, but it's nice enough to get a second glance.  If I were shipping it, I'd still pack the hell out of it, though.

Archived