Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Incoming Gibson NHC

Camstone

Ok, I officially need help with out of control G.A.S.

I haven't owned a Les Paul for 35 years. Last one was a 1980 Les Paul Heritage'80 that I bought new in 1980 and sold in 1982.

Pulled the trigger on this R8 Sunday and it shipped yesterday. Tracking says it'll be here next Monday. I bought it cheap enough that if I don't bond with it I'll turn it (yeah right).

Send help soon.......

R8.jpg

Welcome to the club.  I bought an R8 off of this forum recently after not owning an L.P. since the 90's.  Wasn't particularly looking for an R8 but there it was, and I'm loving it.  Hope your NGD is awesome.

IMG_0052.JPG

I've been looking at those as well for the last year or so...

Waiting on my next Shishkov has given me time on my hands! :D

21 hours ago, Camstone said:

Send help soon.......

R8.jpg

How about I just send you a check and a shipping address?  Would that help?  :)

I haven't owned a Les Paul since 1964 (that's ever).  That looks like a great place to start!  Always loved them, never found one I just couldn't do without.  Aesthetically, that is one of a few shades I'd call "perfect."  Congrats! 

9 minutes ago, BubbaVO said:

Single cut fever has set in.  

Same here, I'm just stuck with this measly student model SC. At least its "R" stands for "real." LOL

21150321_1730827293886114_88011010205645

I like the ones I've played from, maybe up to @2003, so would like to check out the 14s/15s.  Oddly enough, one of my favorite eras of Gibson production was '89-98.  Not sure why, but every one I've owned from that range was just a killer guitar.

Agreed. The Standards and Classics I played from that era were great. I should have bought a Standard back then when the weren`t weight relieved, had the '59 neck and Grovers. around $1250 then  for a Standard in the late 90`s.

On 10/4/2017 at 9:33 PM, gtrdaddy said:

Agreed, late 80's-90s are my favorite Gibson years as well. They were solid and consistent  back then.

That's funny.  It was the early & mid 90s Gibsons that made me look for an alternative which ultimately led me to Hamers.

On 04/10/2017 at 6:32 AM, Camstone said:

R8.jpg

I resent the fact that your R8 has a stronger top than my R9. What's the excuse for a mediocre flame again? Ah, that's right - it's moar vintage!:D 

Rrx8Re8.png

Got my R8 in January - and man, did I bond! I avoided Gibsons for a long time (I also had a LP Heritage 80 in the 80s...) but pulled the trigger. Actually I wasn't going for a Historic, but then I wanted a non-chambered LP and I (rather my back...:() set a weight limit at 4 kg, so that narrowed my choice and I pulled the trigger and haven't looked back. Only a Paul is a Paul...

It's a 2016 model, special run for a musicstore here in Germany (Session Music). It weights 3.8 kg and the only thing I changed (yeah, I'm a notorious modder...) was the pickups - now Amber Spirit of 59 - and the volume pots to customized CTS pots that work like the Hamer pots.

Here she is... Model's called Bella Donna (supposedly because the choose the finish/colour after the Donna-RI) and rightly so!

BTW: I see you are in Cashmere, WA. In 1977/78 we lived for a year in Wenatchee and when we first arrived we stayed with friends in Cashmere for the first 4 weeks before we got a place in Wenatchee. Wow, small worldl!! I loved the Pacific Northwest a lot!

Bella Donna_01.jpg

Forgot to mention: I put the Gibson Custombuckers in my Newport - GREAT match!!

On 10/8/2017 at 7:38 AM, Sam said:

I resent the fact that your R8 has a stronger top than my R9. What's the excuse for a mediocre flame again? Ah, that's right - it's moar vintage!:D 

Rrx8Re8.png

Sounds like a good excuse to buy another axe to me.

Archived