Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anyone into Simo?

gorch

They have a new album out. Quite a change to what they were playing before, although, the overall sound remained the same. I like their stuff. Going to see them tonight.

Listened to a bit of the older stuff - sounds like what I was deeply into in college.

Listening to the new album now.  I dig this much more (so far)!  More soul rather than blues.  :)

Pics or it doesn't count as we say.

Simo at Colos‘ Saal

Simo at Colos‘ Saal

Fantastic live band. They rocked from the first minute to the last. Drummer, bassman and guitarist all are highly gifted musicians. Various times they threw the ball to another while standing at the drumset. I love improvisation, especially, when it's of this high level. The sound is crazy and sets you back decades. Those young lads really have it.

Unfortunatly they hadn't played any bonus songs. Although I wondered how the guitarist could stand wearing the big coat throught the full show. He had been done after two hours I think. As often, I have provided my suppport buying two CDs signed by the full band. You won't get this from Amazon, you know.

Actually, they were quite surprised I knew the first album. It's out of sale and had only been made in a small number. The new, third one definitely is an improvement and it's different. Having much more soul than rock. Still more blues than funk I think. Just reminds me that within one song in the live set the drummer and bass player fell into rumba rhythm. Guitar had a fantastic futuristic solo played to that. Brilliant.

Definitely, I will see them again when they come back. I think they will. It hadn't been their first tour in Europe.

Does one HFC  member have connections to Nashville and would hunt me the first album on CD? I only have it in mp3. It's called “Simo”.

Saw them open for Ace Frehley a year or so ago.  Third time for Ace in a short period, and they were by far the best opener he had.  Told J.D. that afterward.  Definitely want to hear more.  Their set was only marred by some jackass standing up and screaming at people for not enjoying the set the way he wanted people to behave.  Like everyone else was supposed to clap out of time, too.

Love SIMO. Saw them at a small bar in Atlanta last year. They played a fantastic set then hung around and met fans afterward. I got the feeling they would've stayed as long as folks wanted to hang. I missed them a couple of months back when they came back through but I will definitely see them anytime they are nearby.

Archived