Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2018 nominees announced

20 hours ago, DaveH said:

No Judas Priest love? I literally wore out Sin After Sin and Sad Wings back in the day. Rocka Rolla got a lot of play too, as did Uneashed In The East. The later stuff slowed me way down, but I loved the early JP.

Curious they are not already in the shrine. Loved the early JP too. Sad Wings is fantasticly dark.

It's rather shocking that the Moody Blues , Link Wray and Dire Straits aren't already in.  The choices of the hall of fame are often quite disappointing to me.  For instance it took forever to get Steve Miller in. I liked it that he ripped them.  NWA and Green Day are already in, but not the Moody Blues or Dire Straits? WTF

On 2017-10-06 at 4:32 PM, alantig said:

If they disclosed the vote totals, I'd bet that Radiohead is the runaway leader.  Huge critical darlings, tours sell out almost immediately, just about everything they release is a major event.  It'll be a major controversy (at least as far as the RRHOF goes) if they weren't to get in.

But they only produced two and a half great album. The rest sucks. Haha. Hipsters.

On 05/10/2017 at 12:41 PM, RobB said:

I always flinch whenever the annual, "RRHOF Inductees" thread is posted. Blechh!

Its a tie, Time Magazine's Man of the Year Award and the RnR HOF inductees list are tied for the "Yawn & Irrelevance award.

On 10/6/2017 at 10:32 AM, alantig said:

If they disclosed the vote totals, I'd bet that Radiohead is the runaway leader.  Huge critical darlings, tours sell out almost immediately, just about everything they release is a major event.  It'll be a major controversy (at least as far as the RRHOF goes) if they weren't to get in.

Is this a larger field of nominees than usual?  It sure seems to be.

I agree with a couple of sentiments already expressed in this thread: How is Link Wray not already in?  Radiohead are indeed critic's darlings and probably a lock.

IMHO, Dire Straits should be there, and my other more personal choice would be the Cars.  I'll get it if they don't make it, but those are the bands that meant the most to me in this year's nominees.

I don't think Judas Priest has a chance at all.  Yes, they were huge in the metal scene but not overall.  Of course, that also applies to a lot of acts already in there so who knows?

Archived