Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gentlemen... This is odd...

srvwannab

I picked up a Newport... and, I'm kind of confused.  It has a few things that are different from the other Newports I own and I'm trying to figure out if the guitar isn't what I think it is.

I'm pretty new to Newports, so... my concerns could be a non-event... Here goes... First, it is finished in Orange Sparkle which looks exactly like another Newport I have that is the same color.  The seller included the Phat Cats that were obviously removed from the guitar- (FYI-there was a PSA regarding the guitar in the sale section) . The seller had replaced the Phat Cats with a Duncan 59/JB combo.  Clearly a USA Hamer case...

Here's where it gets weird.  There is no "USA" stamped beneath the serial number and their is no Hamer imprint visible through the F hole.  I took the strings off to clean the guitar. Here are some pics...

IMG_5805.jpg

IMG_5806.jpg

IMG_5807.jpg

IMG_5808.jpg

That's all actually par for the course for one from 1999.

One of the finest Hamers I've ever played was an early Newport, just like that - but WITH the PhatCats installed.  Keeps me up at night sometimes...

:D

6 hours ago, cmatthes said:

One of the finest Hamers I've ever played was an early Newport, just like that - but WITH the PhatCats installed.  Keeps me up at night sometimes...

:D

Obviously there is a reason men sleep has interruptions here and there.

Archived