Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Kaki King in the Latest GP

Rich_S

Answering a question about the guitars she used on her recent Live At Berklee album:

"... including a semi-hollow Hamer Newport.  I had several of them made when Hamer was still around.  It's sad that Hamer seems to be getting lost to history, because they made amazing guitars."

Nothing we don't already know, but it's nice to see our favorite guitars getting some love in the press.

Hamer remains an iconic brand and I'm glad it's remembered and still appreciated by the new generation --well, by at least one individual from the new generation of guitar slingers (Kaki King in this case)

1 hour ago, sixesandsevens said:

She's exactly the kind off-the-beaten-path badass you'd expect to "get it". 

She's like the Hamer of indie guitarists.  :D

+1. She's great, indeed. She came to Montreal several years ago and I went to her gig. The rain spoiled it, but she still decided to play a couple of tunes for the small crowd which decided to stay under the rain. That was cool! Later that very night, she also offered a workshop at her hotel. I absolutely loved it. One thing that surprised me was that she said many people invited her to jam, but that she was very shy about it because she doesn't know any standards. She only plays her own stuff. So, she's afraid of being below people's expectations and that's why she avoids jamming. Interesting to hear such a thing from such an accomplished player!

Archived