Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Help! Need Pot.

JGale

Specifically a medium length, metric B500K (linear taper), volume potentiometer for a Godin LGX-SA.

Standard length too short, long shaft too long, metric diameter hole is smaller (do not want to drill).

Linear is what's in there, not opposed to an audio taper if the sizes are correct.

Thank you, thank you, tahnks yous.

Can you just use a second nut as a spacer from the bottom side to seat the long shaft at the proper height (assuming you have the long shaft already)?

I'd widen the hole to take a CTS if it was mine, the increased diameter is minimal and will be covered completely by the washer that comes with the pot. DO NOT use a drill - high risk of splintering the wood on either or both sides. Use a peg reamer. If you don't have access to one and are tempted in a reamer's absence to "improvise" the hole widening, PM me.

Edited to add, for anyone interested. Allparts item LT-0815-000 Tapered Reamer Tool for Tuning Peg Holes. $13. Good tool at an affordable price if you are a DIY'er as far as electronics cavity, tuning keys and endpin jack upgrades.

LT-0815-000-web.jpg&maxx=390&maxy=0

Pretty sure I saw the same words on a handmade sign on a freeway exit ramp this afternoon.

Archived