Hamer Fan Club Message Center

"..."girlfriend who in a rage broke the body of this guitar..."

Girlfriend: "Choose between: break your face, OR, break you guitar. You decide."
Coward guy: "guitar"

28 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Hey Kiz are those pickup ring screws HFC Approved?

lol - I think not.  I don't even think they should be Planet Earth approved.

It also looks like someone forgot which pickup goes where when they put the guitar back together.

9 minutes ago, kizanski said:

It also looks like someone forgot which pickup goes where when they put the guitar back together.

Could be like my old Special - it sounded much better in the "wrong" orientation.  The creme pickup was very bright and the zebra pickup was hotter and darker.  

19 minutes ago, velorush said:

Could be like my old Special - it sounded much better in the "wrong" orientation.  The creme pickup was very bright and the zebra pickup was hotter and darker.  

BLASPHEMER!! 

25 minutes ago, geowolves said:

So what you're saying is I'm looking for trouble? 3/4 of this guitar still might be worth it. Ugh. 

That's one I'd like to have in hand before making a decision - it's a good-looking guitar with just enough scary stuff going on.

Just now, bubs_42 said:

No truer words have been spoken. I've had 3 77's and 2 78's, none of them had the same neck shape. 

Great. I've seen the 80's + guitars have the thinner neck and my Korina Special Jr. has me ascared of a thin neck. Really love to own an older sustain block Sunburst! 

4 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

No truer words have been spoken. I've had 3 77's and 2 78's, none of them had the same neck shape. 

How many do you have now?

Thanks Bubs! I got time. Even though I would be good with 3/4 to 7/8ths of a body if it broke off! Realizing I need a medium to preferred thick neck. It's the right color and who knows, thrown my money away on lesser things I've bought. Guess I'll see how it shakes out. Thanks again. 

5 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

How many do you have now?

None, there is one that I would love to have back but its not going to happen. All of them left better than when I got them, all of them rent through repairs, or I found the correct parts to restore them. We went through a phase here where everyone was throwing money at me and I couldn't resist. 

I've had them with Big Necks, D Shape Necks, Flat on the back with shouldered sides. I do not remember any of them being Narrow like that 81's and later had. 

Archived