Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Need your help- website testing

Northfield

Hey Guys,  

After the website massively broke from an update earlier this summer, Ted and I (Trish) decided to build a new/more updated one instead of spending a ton of time fixing the old site. We’ve been working on it over the past couple of months and we went live with it today. 

I’m hoping you can help test it to make sure it works on different browsers etc. before we make any other references to it out on social media. I use an iPhone6 and have tested it on Microsoft edge and chrome.  Also, if you see any spelling or grammar type errors that we missed, let me know.  

Thanks for the help and feedback! 

Trish

www.shishkovguitars.com  

Looks really good on Mac Safari and loads and responds very fast.  Beautiful graphics.  The only quick response is I am not a fan of white text on black or dark background for more than small amounts of text.  After my recent issues with eye surgery I like it even less.

i.e.:   shiskov.jpg

Mike

looks good 

one suggestion, add more photos to the gallery. You speak about the ultimate variations, show a bunch of the guitars so the viewers can see what is possible and what you have done.   

Paul

Just now, ptm1diver said:

Mike

looks good 

one suggestion, add more photos to the gallery. You speak about the ultimate variations, show a bunch of the guitars so the viewers can see what is possible and what you have done.   

Paul

Hi Paul,  there is actually a link in the Shishkov story to a gallery of all but 2 of the run.  Links are in aqua. 

Thanks 

Trish

41 minutes ago, mathman said:

Looks really good on Mac Safari and loads and responds very fast.  Beautiful graphics.  The only quick response is I am not a fan of white text on black or dark background for more than small amounts of text.  After my recent issues with eye surgery I like it even less.

i.e.:   shiskov.jpg

Ted and I have struggled with this section.  We wanted to include the photo of Kev because it it’s so awesome.  Depending on screen size, the text moves away from the image, making it easier to read.  

1 minute ago, Northfield said:

Hi Paul,  there is actually a link in the Shishkov story to a gallery of all but 2 of the run.  Links are in aqua. 

Thanks 

Trish

Hi Trish,

Thank you.  I missed it.  If you sent me a build sheet for my double cut I did not receive it.  I’ve been having problems with my security package and email.  There are some changes I would like to make.  

Thank you

Paul

1 hour ago, mathman said:

I'll echo mathman's comment on white text on black, but also add the only thing worse is white text over any color other than black.  The Kev Bower photo is great, but my ADD finds it distracting enough that I'd probably skip the bulk of the "about" section.

I'm also not a fan of sites that are essentially one single page where a scroll takes me through all menu options, but that may also be ADD related.  I tend to get distracted by how long the scroll on the "home" page is when I know there are additional menu items I'd like to read.  Eventually I get it, but not until after I've been annoyed.  I say this with full knowledge that these are the types of things where I'm usually the odd-man-out, but you asked for feedback. :)

I love it Mike (and Trish and Ted).

To me it reads really well and the artistic layout, with the incredible photos (just Love that blue Super Strat :D), adds real excitement.

The overall feel is very much boutique and well aligned with your quite excellent products.

Rock on!

Thanks for the feedback!  I’m glad that it seems to be working on various browsers without issue.  

Definitely taking note af the concerns about the about us /Shishkov story section being too busy for some. 

Cynic, you’re not alone in the long scroll thing, we made several modifications and included the load more buttons to try to minimize the scroll length. The layout works best on a desktop or larger table since  it’s a very horizontal layout. If you were viewing on a phone, the responsive site features convert the sections to vertical, making it seem longer than it is.  

Btw: in the ultimate galley, I loaded pictures I had, but if any of you have a better one than the one I uploaded, feel free to send it to me and I’ll replace the ones I put up.  I tried to look through some of the old threads, but a lot of the images were gone due to the photobucket issue    

Thanks again

Trish

There are a lot of blind fishes here on the board. B)

At first I had been overwhelmed by the pics, but..

- Go to Models. Right under the g of Originals there is a typo in ‘with’.

- Williams’ player comments. Should it be “...straight through to his...”? The ‘r’ in through is missing right now.

- Williams again, rear end. I'm not sure if ‘Thanks, Mike’ should have the comma removed, because there is a pause afterwards.

- Danny Click, at the end. Space missing after ‘Period.’

- About: ‘Contact Us’ may have a link to it.

- About: the blue spot from the background pic is shining through the white text, making it hard to read. I'd kind of soften the background pic a bit to reduce the effect or even remove the background going all black. There are no background pics elsewhere except for the contact form. Actually, the background alternation is white grey white grey black dark-grey white black-with-pic. Within the alternation, About better might be white though.

- Contact form: ‘Your message has been successfully sent!’ can hardly be read in green. Also, ‘Send’ on the button seems not visible! Neither at the start nor on the return page. There is no ‘thank you’ on the return page.

Browser: Safari on iPad Air2

Ok, that's my Pro view to it. Looking modern and serving just right otherwise. Great site!

Thanks folks, these days with all the browsers and devices used to consume web pages its a massive battle to get it all right when having to account for responsive design.   

I agree with the comments on the about section but as everyone agrees the Kev picture is just so damn good.  I had thought about doing a semi transparent white box to around the text so it was a bit more traditional but of course that screws the phone display.  Any advice or ideas is always welcome but we definately need to put a little thought into how to make it better.

19 minutes ago, gorch said:

There are a lot of blind fishes here on the board. B)

At first I had been overwhelmed by the pics, but..

Go to Models. Right under the g of Originals there is a typo in ‘with’.

Thanks Gorch- I’ve read that so much, just didn’t see it.  Fixed now. :D

7 minutes ago, 0054 said:

THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHER'S SINGLE CUT

This is in the model number, I didn't see that before.

Chrome on PC Windows 10

Fixed- every time a change is made, the site converts the apostrophe to that gibberish.  I have to go in and correct it each time after I save the other changes.  Your timeing was just right - Between correcting the typo Gorch found and then reloading to fix this.  

23 minutes ago, Northfield said:

Thanks Gorch- I’ve read that so much, just didn’t see it.  Fixed now. :D

You can’t get it right yourself. It's natural. That's what we are for. 

I have extended my original post in case you haven't seen it.

Archived