Hamer Fan Club Message Center

EBMM Albert Lee HH - all rosewood neck!

Looking to downsize a little bit, seeing if there's any interest in my Ernie Ball Music Man HH. Really cool guitar - the body is mahogany and the neck is all rosewood. EBMM uses a wax and oil finish on the neck that feels fantastic! 

It's got a pair of DiMarzio humbuckers that split to single coils when you put the switch in positions 2 and 4. It shows some playing wear but no functional issues at all. When I bought it, it had a poorly installed pair of strap locks that had eaten into the finish under the strap buttons. I contacted Ernie Ball and got the correct parts to put it back to stock. As the pics show, it looks fine with the strap buttons on. 

While the regular Albert Lee guitar is very Strat-like, this one has a little darker tone. Part of that is due to humbuckers instead of single coils, but even unplugged I'd say this guitar emphasizes the fundamental more than the overtones. It cranks up really well!!!

It comes with the original case, which is shown in the inspection and demo video I created to give interested parties an up-close look at the guitar.

I have previously avoided using PayPal because of their 180 day return/chargeback policy. I simply do not want to worry about having to refund someone after they've had a guitar for six months. However, when I spoke with a member of Paypal's dispute team, she told me it's fine to offer a one-month return policy as long as the other party agrees to it. I will answer all questions, take plenty of pics, and my video is pretty thorough. But I will ask the buyer to agree to a one month return window, not six. 

$1100 shipped and insured, $1133 if you want to use PayPal. Because of the rosewood neck, I'm looking to sell within the U.S. only to prevent any issues with CITES. I found 6 Albert Lee HH guitars for sale on Reverb tonight. The cheapest was $1300 before shipping, so I'm still substantially lower.

I haven't been very active lately, but I've been on the HFC a long time, made lots of friends and have bought/sold/traded tons of stuff here. I don't think it would be hard to round up a few references if they'll make a prospective buyer more comfortable. 

sefEepM.jpg

2ev3mL0.jpg

Ea8EiVQ.jpg

sRMIceN.jpg

NIUyxoR.jpg

2gTKseF.jpg

gOJsGQ0.jpg

Damn. Everytime I see a EBMM headstock and the writing „Made in San Loius Obispo“ I get angry at myself. We have BEEN there during our first US RV trip and I did not realize that MM is there... A bit off topic, but did I miss something? Like a factory tour?

GLWTS, btw. If not for CITES I‘d give it a try.

38 minutes ago, SSII x 2 said:

Great guitar!  EBMMs rule.  And solid rosewood neck?  Wow!

Is it a separate veneer on the headstock, or all-in-one?

GLWtS!

It appears to all be from the same piece, though I am not 100% certain.

EBMM necks are made by sawing the top off the blank, installing the truss rod, and then gluing it back together. At least, that's what they do with maple fretboard necks. I would assume rosewood is the same, unless it's too hard or splits when they do that.

Also, the rosewood neck may not have any oil finish on it. Rosewood really doesn't need any type of finish.

On 26/10/2017 at 6:25 AM, Montelovesco said:

Damn. Everytime I see a EBMM headstock and the writing „Made in San Loius Obispo“ I get angry at myself. We have BEEN there during our first US RV trip and I did not realize that MM is there... A bit off topic, but did I miss something? Like a factory tour?

GLWTS, btw. If not for CITES I‘d give it a try.

Hi Daniel, CITES is not a nightmare...you just have to ask for a certificates or an exemption...and to provide it with the custom forms....I did it recently...so no nightmare but a delay....Not as easy as in the past....

20 hours ago, Michael_B said:

Great video, @Kurt L.  The rosewood neck and finish is... luxurious?  It reminds me a bit of a RW necked Huber that I had.  Versatile, great upper register access.  Great guitar.

Personally, I love the esthetic, too.  Modern vintage?

Thanks for the compliment. I had my video gear out and the guitar was due for a string change so I figured “why not?” 

Luxurious is a nice word for the neck; it just feels nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived