Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Henry wants to re-live the '80s

Draw a T on the magenta and have a Miller replica for t-mobile.

I‘d take the yellow, if I had to.

I think that this may be another bad decision by Gibson.  While the physical and aesthetic attributes may appeal to the blooming shredder, I don't see a lot of players taking this design too seriously.  I have never held an Axcess, but it appears to me this is a Dayglow version of that model.  I don't believe the Axcess got much traction and I don't think this one will get much either.  But then again Gibson has made some pretty boneheaded moves in the recent past with their acquisition of "pigs in a poke" like Cerwin Vega/Stanton so I am certainly not surprised by this.

19 hours ago, diablo175 said:

If anything, I'd hit 'em with a spray gun full of truly neon-hued paint. Those sherbet-hues are pitiful. Nothing screams 80's excess and over the top styling like pastel colors. :rolleyes:

Behold the true examples of neon green and pink on the same guitar:

image.png

Go big NEON or go home!  

Kind of cool.    My only issue is at least a nice r9 you could probably. at the end of the day find a buyer somewhere in the neighborhood.   $4000 for this thing on a good day would be lucky to sell for $2k.  And even then.  It's kind of a limited market.     

3 minutes ago, DaveL said:

Kind of cool.    My only issue is at least a nice r9 you could probably. at the end of the day find a buyer somewhere in the neighborhood.   $4000 for this thing on a good day would be lucky to sell for $2k.  And even then.  It's kind of a limited market.     

I'm hoping a LOT of people share your opinion. That'll help drive the price down to a more reasonable level. My experience with my Custom Shop one-of-three Axcess LP Firetiger was not good. Took roughly another $800 on top of the jaw dropping price tag to get it to a passable state of playability and functionality.  Shit components, meh p'ups, cheap Korean Floyd that wouldn't stay in tune, etc. At least mine has a real rosewood board. So, I'm anticipating needing to dump another $500- $600 into it to get it to be up to snuff.

Sadly, if I step back from this and think about it- the only reason I'd be getting one of these is for a stage gimmick. And honestly, while we're booking gigs now, I don't see us continuing much past the next year and a half. Then I'm stuck with neon money pit Axcess that will never recover the investment.

6 hours ago, anotherfreak said:

If they really wanna go there, ie: Tummy cut, thin bodied, floyded and yes, NEON, they should have 24 frets

:lol:   As much as I am a 24+ fret player, that's tits on a bull. The access to said frets would be horrible.

On 10/30/2017 at 11:11 PM, anotherfreak said:

If they really wanna go there, ie: Tummy cut, thin bodied, floyded and yes, NEON, they should have 24 frets

just sayin'

There was that Les Paul Custom Lite back in the late 80's

IMG_1981-2_resize_zpscea4d447.jpg109421989RoseColorLiteLesPaul-11.jpgLPLITEBK_1024x1024.jpg?v=147405318526.jpg

Had a bit of a "tummy cut" bevel on the back side and Floyd optional.  Looks like an average price of around $2,500 on Reverb.

My recollection is that the flip side of that Custom Lite model from the '80s was that it was (perhaps understandably) neck-heavy. I tried out a white one for a few days ca. 1993 and opted not to purchase it.

48 minutes ago, velorush said:

There was that Les Paul Custom Lite back in the late 80's

IMG_1981-2_resize_zpscea4d447.jpg109421989RoseColorLiteLesPaul-11.jpg

Had a bit of a "tummy cut" bevel on the back side and Floyd optional.  Looks like an average price of around $2,500 on Reverb.

A local shop had one of those hanging on the wall for many years in the late 80's, with the do not touch with out assistance signs.

On 10/28/2017 at 6:30 PM, Jakeboy said:

I dig the orange and lime ones. 

I hope they blow them out for nothing. 

I’ll buy one.

I love pretty woodgrain...but I also like bright colors !

Yeah..I like the orange one also...

Archived