Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Chaparral or Centaura neck

Greetings.

four years ago I acquired a stripped Chaparral body and got it re-finished. That Chap had a sustainiac. So I tried to put one back into it but I never found a working sustainiac or maybe better, I didn't manage to get it up and running. Not to mention that it is impossible to get the cavity covers nor the battery compartment. So I decided to have the setup shown on the picture and saw my cavity covers from thin mahogany veneer. I also tried non-Hamer 24 frets necks but didn't like the looks not to mention the lousy pocket fit. Ever since I am checking the bay/cl/reverb/etc. market to spot a Chap/Centaura/Diablo neck. Just recently there was one one the market, but I hesitated too long and it was gone. 

So in case there are any other fitting necks sitting on your shelf collecting dust, please let me know. I am located in Germany. 

Cheers.

IMG_692.jpg

As a word of an advise. I needed sustainiac for one of my guitars and at first was looking for one. But quickly realized how expensive they are. So instead, I bought the whole guitar with it ( waited for a Fernandez at a right price point and it didn't take long), took the sustainiac out, installed regular pickup instead and sold the guitar ( obviously mentioning that there is no sustainiac anymore). Lost only about $20 and a pickup on it, which I have 2 boxes to choose from.

8 hours ago, JustKid said:

As a word of an advise. I needed sustainiac for one of my guitars and at first was looking for one. But quickly realized how expensive they are. So instead, I bought the whole guitar with it ( waited for a Fernandez at a right price point and it didn't take long), took the sustainiac out, installed regular pickup instead and sold the guitar ( obviously mentioning that there is no sustainiac anymore). Lost only about $20 and a pickup on it, which I have 2 boxes to choose from.

Good idea. Thanks! The new sustainiacs are also smaller and will most likely fit well the cavity. 

• 4 weeks later...

Done. Still need a better Floyd Rose but this will work for first. 

Credits to Dave (Equilibrium Guitars) who re-painted this one, Peter for his neck and last but surely not least Helliver for the fretting job of that neck. I love it and it''s story :-)

IMG_0728.jpg

Archived