Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#1. Tone Tubby Chicago Blue: I bought it new and and spent maybe 30 minutes in my amp. Brighter than the Red Alnico with more character. This one will let the amp work it and has a great feel, I am just not an alnico guy. I'll stick with my Greens. Comes in original Box, with LOGO and Receipt. 8ohms  "$130 HFC WEEKEND DEAL! LETS MOVE THESE!!!!!!

4VyChob.jpgIF you need a picture they are loading at the moment. 

10 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Wait a minute - I thought the Marshall was the voice of God himself. What gives?

Love the amp, but I cannot use it for rehearsals as it is too loud without dropping it to 3 and using a pedal. It just glorious when its above 12 O'clock. Then if you want you can smack it with the Overrated Special. With the request of the amount of boost I need to provide for leads, it will no longer work for live settings. I'm only keeping what I use, i'm on a journey just hang in there. 

Damn Bubs......I like ALL of it....and the speaker whore in me is fighting the desire for the Blue...even though I don’t need it.

...and I already have a RL. And my Marshall needs are 100% covered....and thankfully someone bought the cool MJT body....

3 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Damn Bubs......I like ALL of it....and the speaker whore in me is fighting the desire for the Blue...even though I don’t need it.

...and I already have a RL. And my Marshall needs are 100% covered....and thankfully someone bought the cool MJT body....

The Chicago Blue is pretty killer, I was hoping for a little brighter. The Organic is brighter yet, but I think i'm jus sticking with the greens or the San Rafael. 

16 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Wait a minute - I thought the Marshall was the voice of God himself. What gives?

Voice?  No.  Amplifier?  Probably.  ;) :lol:

Edited to add:  I think this is the last/final version of the Class 5 combo, and the one to own...with headphone jack AND 'Low Power Mode', plus the tubes hang down instead of towards/into the speaker, making tube access MUCH easier, IMO.  There were two other earlier variants, but the final version is the one I'd want.  Unfortunately, I'm on a gear budget after buying my Gretsch 5420, otherwise I'd contemplate getting it.  GLWTS!

On 03/11/2017 at 5:06 PM, BlueJer said:

What size is the Chicago Blue?

I want the Marshall but already have 3 amps that I dont use!

What is your problem?  only 3 amps?!  Who let you in here?  Minimum (5), yes that's five amps.  All five must be tube amps, then you can regress to these phony Fender amps with onboard effects, an abomination I claim  All of your first 5 amps, must have at least one mod, changing tubes from the original factory issued to tube sniffer, elitist tubes, NOS is marginally acceptable

:How many Hamer USA guits do you own.  If they are solidbody only Made in USA, Arlington Heights, IL shop may be counted.  2 points for any 4dig model .

We set a high bar around these parts son, no posers allowed. Except for posers like me who snuckin before the crackdown.  Welcome to the HFC. 

Cheers Mr. 5 Amps

caddie

bubs do i spy with my lazy eye (amblyopia) a green parts-o-caster in process?  Seems like we all have one or more of those bags of hardware lying around. As I was doing a complete purge of my gear I sent a similar bag with each purchase as a "thanks for playing" parting gift.  Just ask hamerhead,   He received the Deluxe Junk Drawer Starter Kit,  soon to be available from our friends at Allparts :ph34r:B)

nYIq1wt.jpg

my latest selfie. Nice ears, eh?  Full flaps deployed?  Aye, full flaps deployed Captain Magoo.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr3EWEuXnKRAU4C3W5o1I images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-wE9rMaJcjrx0Cgh5KXJ

My lazy eye is on my right.  You can tell by my right hand (notice the white knuckles!), its shifted way right so I can clearly read the altimeter.  Thats my trusty Crown Vic "Barnaby Jones Limited Edition" model.  What a ride!  Cheers!

caddie

On November 6, 2017 at 10:50 PM, Caddie said:

bubs do i spy with my lazy eye (amblyopia) a green parts-o-caster in process?  Seems like we all have one or more of those bags of hardware lying around. As I was doing a complete purge of my gear I sent a similar bag with each purchase as a "thanks for playing" parting gift.  Just ask hamerhead,   He received the Deluxe Junk Drawer Starter Kit,  soon to be available from our friends at Allparts :ph34r:B)

nYIq1wt.jpg

my latest selfie. Nice ears, eh?  Full flaps deployed?  Aye, full flaps deployed Captain Magoo.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr3EWEuXnKRAU4C3W5o1I images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-wE9rMaJcjrx0Cgh5KXJ

My lazy eye is on my right.  You can tell by my right hand (notice the white knuckles!), its shifted way right so I can clearly read the altimeter.  Thats my trusty Crown Vic "Barnaby Jones Limited Edition" model.  What a ride!  Cheers!

caddie

I just moved that body along. I just finished up my 3rd Parts Tele with a Top Loader Bridge and Gravelin Pups!

Oh and RED LLAMA IS SOLD! Lets move the Marshall, all you need is a to smack it in the face with and EP Booster and its "ROCK TIL YOU DROP"!

Somebody needs some Tone Tubby Love and it might just be you. ;) 

Who doesn't want a Hippopotamus  for Christmas! lol

If it helps, it is the version with the Bedroom Setting, the Verticle Mounted EL84 with the support mount and rubber ring. It sounds pretty damn good on its own, but as soon as you boost the front end you get sweet hot rodded plexi tones. I set it up with the Bass OFF, the Treble and Mids Maxed and the Volume at 1 O'clock. Now if you turn the Highs OFF and turn the amp on 10 then start to bring the highs up until you get your desired top end, there is not much need for the boost, but you can still boost it and she will not come completely apart. You not going to get THUDDING BOTTOM END. I gigged it, it works with a mIc stuck in front of it. 

bubs!  are you trying to hijack my hijack of your FS post so that you can get back to your regularly scheduled programming.:ph34r:

and NO the USPS never returned those tubes, thanks for asking.B)

dilly dilly

caddie

14 hours ago, Caddie said:

bubs!  are you trying to hijack my hijack of your FS post so that you can get back to your regularly scheduled programming.:ph34r:

and NO the USPS never returned those tubes, thanks for asking.B)

dilly dilly

caddie

No tubes ever showed up here either. LOL

How about an HFC Only Weekend Special Deals?

Archived