Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Oh my White PRS explorer for ?....

That was for Billy Gibbons.  He also had a Hamer version with a white fingerboard and "ZZ TOP" LEDs inlaid.

I think he ended up using the Deans he got.

20 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

That was for Billy Gibbons.  He also had a Hamer version with a white fingerboard and "ZZ TOP" LEDs inlaid.

Because they spun, obviously.

9 hours ago, cmatthes said:

The Hamer had a Scepter body and a Vector headstock, right? 

The Hamer is in Gibbons guitar book. Very C.O.O.L. He musta thought it was cool enough to put it in the book, no Deans or the PRS in there. :lol:

That PRS explorer has a head stock that looks like it was made by a head shrinking tribe from Papua Guinea. So ugly. It just looks wrong, in so many ways.

8 hours ago, Disturber said:

The Hamer is in Gibbons guitar book. Very C.O.O.L. He musta thought it was cool enough to put it in the book, no Deans or the PRS in there. :lol:

That PRS explorer has a head stock that looks like it was made by a head shrinking tribe from Papua Guinea. So ugly. It just looks wrong, in so many ways.

Papua NG. Now that’s funny. West side or east?

On 11/6/2017 at 1:53 PM, cmatthes said:

10 hours ago, dhuber said:

1 That is a cool guitar but I'm not cool enough to own something like that.  2  It would be marketable if the price was reduced 98%.

Verily, verily. Since we all seem to agree that askin' and sellin' are two different things, should we expect the Prince Studio to someday end up being listed here or on Reverb for $250K?  I mean, Prince is also a guitar legend...

and he's deceased...

and he probably played that purple Studio about as much as Gibbons played that white PRS. 

11 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

...and he probably played that purple Studio about as much as Gibbons played that white PRS. 

No doubt.

There's also no doubt that this is one of the worst ads I have ever seen for a guitar.
$175,000 ask with a description of a total of 6 photos and 4 sentences, one of them which includes the phrase, "Commissioned in 1985 by a major recording artist..."
Is not knowing the name of the artist supposed to make the guitar more desirable? Is it a secret that only "serious buyers" are allowed to know?

Makes me wonder if the seller even knows who's guitar it was.

23 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Maybe the guy missed the period button and mistakenly hit the comma

No, I think he hit his head and went into a coma.

38 minutes ago, DaveL said:

Baby boomers seem to be intent on taking on taking their rare collectibles to the grave.  Just sayin.  

At that price it is certain to become a family heirloom, passed down from generation to generation.

Archived