Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2005 MONACO custom

1 hour ago, burningyen said:

I guess the COA finally answers the centuries-old flame-top-Monaco-vs.-SuperPro-with-f-holes philosophical debate.

Well, it does and it doesn't.
First, there is no debate. Monacos came with spruce tops. Monaco SuperPros came with maple.
But even a SuperPro with an "Ultimate" top would have it listed in the COA, just like any other guitar with that option.

The guitar in the ad is a hybrid.  You could call it a Monaco with maple and no Bigsby, or you could call it a SuperPro with F-holes.

Either way, I know I want it.

My Goldtop falls into that same "Which is it?" category. I DO know it is a great guitar....Something that the Korina body and neck, plus the upgraded pickups play a part in. And I consider it a SuperPro.

8 minutes ago, django49 said:

My Goldtop falls into that same "Which is it?" category. I DO know it is a great guitar....

Which would describe most of your arsenal.

Do you even own anything off the rack?

This would be my favourite „Want!“-guitar.

Look at the fretboard with purfling. Look at those bound f-holes.

Look at the carved back. I´m floored. And it´s a Monaco that belongs to be in M.

Thank god for CITES, otherwise I could be damn close to be making something very silly....

Monaco neck1.jpg

And... it's... gone.

28 minutes ago, donner said:

Thank god for CITES, otherwise I could be damn close to be making something very silly....

I think it was the price that kept me from doing something silly.  Congratulations to whomever snagged it.  It is a beauty, for sure.

8 hours ago, kizanski said:

Which would describe most of your arsenal.

Do you even own anything off the rack?

Yeah, I resemble that remark. Though not nearly as much as I used to. And yet another shipped out this morning.

Actually, several things really are off the rack "stock" models, such as the blonde Newport. Same for the remaining Talladega,  Krautster II, TSB Reitbergen, Junico, Ibanez GB-10 and a few others. Not that that diminishes them in any way. ;)

Archived