Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1992 Hamer Special???

Unitedwestand212

Question

When my uncle passed away a few years ago I acquired his pride and joy: a Hamer Guitar. Being a drummer, I know nothing about guitars.  I had one of my guitar buddies clean it up and tell me anything about it.  Here is what I have so far:

I believe it is a 1992 Hamer Special. It seems he had to custom order it to get the left hand version.  As long as he was custom ordering it anyways, he added several features.  I am having trouble pinning it down, but the paint (pearl yellow), bridge, hardware and electronics look like they were picked from a Chinese menu as upgrades, these choices were not part of the available model line for 1991 or 1992. 

With this info and looking at the pictures, can someone provide me any more info or details?  The guitar is original meaning none of the electronics have been changed.

Thanks!!

Don

20171114_133118.jpg

20171114_133132.jpg

20171114_133300.jpg

14 answers to this question

Value could be all over the place. It's a great USA made guitar, perfect for rocking out and shredding out. But, it's a Hamer and they sometimes suffer from low resale value.  And, it's a lefty, which is another consideration. 

Are you sure it's Pearl Yellow? Looks pearl white to me.

Finishes can amber a little over the years, but that was most likely pearl white when it left the factory. 

For a left handed guitar player that should be a desirable instrument, but left handed buyers are as rare as left handed guitars.  Also, there were so many Hamers ordered with custom features that they are rarely surprising.  That one is truly nice, though. 

Are there little holes in the control cavity plate? 

Is that a lefty strung righty?  steel tuner buttons on one side of the headstock ebony tuner buttons on the other side?

Cheers!

caddie

Archived