Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Olivia Newton John

bubs_42

Was - not the MD any longer, the piano player is.  Andy joins her periodically on tour.  I saw her Monday, and it was Andy's last show in this current stint.  She took a moment out to recognize him.  He did a fabulous job during the show.  Great show all around - the sound was possibly the best of any live show I've seen this year.  Great set list - got pretty much all the hits I expected and a couple that were a surprise to me.  And her voice has absolutely held up.  About the only downside to the show is that it was a very chatty crowd - I felt like I'd walked into a place holding a private party.

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

She does not look 69.  :o

I'm in my early 50's.  I had a major crush on her in my late elementary and early junior high years and that was before Grease.  She still looks great.

"Hey, I know that dude!"  - Jeff Spicolli

Yes sir, that is Mr. Timmons.  I have posted about the greatness of Andy Timmons many times before.  He is my favorite Virtuoso right behind #008. 

The old adage, "its not what you know, it is who you know" is applicable here, the drummer is Dan Wojciechowski "Wojo".  Wojo is another alumni from the University of North Texas and ex-drummer for the Andy Timmons Band and the current drummer for another iconic guitar figure - Peter Frampton.

http://www.frampton.com/danski/

Besides Dan, Mitch Marine (Smashmouth, & Dwight Yoakum) and current drummer Rob Avsharian are excellent performers.   

Hamerica

The current band is different than the one in the video (that's a couple years old).

I found a review that listed everyone except the bass player and drummer (but they're different than the video):

Andy Timmons

Steve Real (backing vocals)

Marlen Landin (backing vocals)

Steve Nieves (backing vocals, sax, etc.)

Dane Bryant (keys, MD)

15 minutes ago, hanspanzer said:

Let`s talk guitar. Haven`t seen that headstock in a while. Is that an old Ibby or are they bringing back Blazer/Roadstars? 

Not an Ibby aficionado, but I'd venture an educated guess that he had the Ibanez custom shop make that guitar to his specs as a one-off. Andy's preference for traditional Strat styling cues is much better rendered in the form shown in the ONJ video than in the pointy and hopelessly dated RG design template. 

Archived