Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Hamer ARTIST HB

32 minutes ago, Punkavenger said:

Hmmm, that one is out of Japan and the seller seems a little iffy, plus $133 shipping. Otherwise I would take it. Thanks for the info!

And CITES?

13 hours ago, Punkavenger said:

Hmmm, that one is out of Japan and the seller seems a little iffy, plus $133 shipping. Otherwise I would take it. Thanks for the info!

Doh! My bad. (Curious though... the Japan shops are usually much more expensive.)

Anyway, there are a lot of these come up for sale if you just set a search on ebay/reverb. 

10 hours ago, Kalessin said:

Doh! My bad. (Curious though... the Japan shops are usually much more expensive.)

Anyway, there are a lot of these come up for sale if you just set a search on ebay/reverb. 

I've had bad luck with ebay and Hamers on Reverb seem WAY overpriced. (Not to be argumentative  :)  )  That's why I was hoping to find one at the HFC. Never a bad deal!

On 17/11/2017 at 3:46 PM, Punkavenger said:

I know that shop, it was very close to where I used to live in Yokohama and I went there a couple of times, but never bought anything. I'd trust Japanese shops, they normally do things very professionally, but I don't know about the CITES certificate... I know that they usually don't seem to care about those in Japan.

5 hours ago, yuominae said:

I know that shop, it was very close to where I used to live in Yokohama and I went there a couple of times, but never bought anything. I'd trust Japanese shops, they normally do things very professionally, but I don't know about the CITES certificate... I know that they usually don't seem to care about those in Japan.

It's more of a shipping issue ... what if it gets seized or damaged? Life is too short to have to deal with that crap

10 hours ago, Punkavenger said:

It's more of a shipping issue ... what if it gets seized or damaged? Life is too short to have to deal with that crap

Totally. I made an offer on it too, but didn't buy it in the end because of that. It's so cheap though. So tempting.

8 hours ago, Punkavenger said:

P90's never seem to work for me. Maybe it's just the hot Seymour Duncans I've tried in the past, but I don't want to go to all the trouble of switching out P90's until I find one I like.

I have enough problems  :) and I know humbuckers.

Those Duncan’s sure are hot. Had Josh Gravelin do me up a set of p-90s for my Artist Korina. Made such a huge difference. They now reside in an LP Special and it rocks hard. 

Archived