Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Will I Get Banned For This?

At the Iron Maiden forum there is a thread starting off with the question, "What is your favorite Iron Maiden song?" 

I posted this: 

Oh, gosh! I cannot remember the name right now, but it is the song that goes chug chugga chug chugga chug chugga chug then weedley weedley weedley weedley and it has really cool drums. rock.gif

Do you think I might get in trouble for that? 

I like the one where the bass player props his foot up on the monitor and points the headstock to the crowd as he sports a wild devilish hellion look on his face.

No shame in that!

Says the guy who's seen Alice Cooper 3 times in the last two years.

Steve - the scary thing is, you probably won't be banned, but you WILL get two or three dozen people chiming in with different song titles.

Question:   Does it have to be one song or can it be an intro that segues into another song and they sort of go together.   If so,  I'd go with the ides of March into wrathchild.       

2 hours ago, DaveL said:

Question:   Does it have to be one song or can it be an intro that segues into another song and they sort of go together.   If so,  I'd go with the ides of March into wrathchild.       

That is, indeed, a prime example of HWOBHM badassery. 

21 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

Is that the one that educates us on ancient Egypt's resistance to encroaching colonialism while advancing an operatic tale of a resurrected mummy hellbent on vengeance over the galloping bassline and has the interwoven lead guitar outros and that dude prancing about like a flakka'd-out PeterPan in the video?

I reckon it is and it is quite excellent! (Nods head in appreciation)

On 11/16/2017 at 12:55 PM, BadgerDave said:

No shame in that!

Says the guy who's seen Alice Cooper 3 times in the last two years.

Crap, I have work to do... I’ve only seen him twice in the last three years

Maiden definitely has a formula. They have 3 song styles: the sing-along (Blood Brothers, Fear of the Dark, No More Lies, etc.), the epic story song (Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Dance of Death, Seventh Son, Alexander the Great, Empire of the Clouds, etc.), and the straight-ahead rocker (The Trooper, Wasted Years, The Wicker Man, 2 Minutes 2 Midnight, Aces High, etc.) Each style has ardent supporters. I prefer the rockers first, the epics second, and the sing-alongs third.

Archived