Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Joe Perry Release Coming

BTMN

Love the TeleRat in the photo! Same Guitar as is on the back cover of I’ve Got The Rock and Rolls Again!

He has changed pups and pickguard tho. Thanks for the heads up on the release. I hope it’s rockin’......

I like it that he’s working with David Johansen on three tracks. Always liked that guy. I hope Joe’s in shape this year as his schedule looks pretty busy. He’s also writing with the Hollywood Vampires for a album of all original tunes this time and concert dates with that band are out for a May-June European tour with probable US dates to come. Really don’t want to see Joe passing out on the drum set again. 

Look forward to the sample of tracks to see what Perry is able to do with the artists he has lined up for. 

It is interesting to see Terry Reid was mentioned in another thread recently and now on Perrys upcoming release.

Hamerica

I think I spoke too soon. The TeleRat was stripped down so that is the same configuration but a different body, unless he had it sprayed at one point. No matter....it looks cool and is his choice for Sweet Emotion Live these days.

I am excited about this album.

I for one won't be buying that. I saw Aerosmith in London in 2014, and he was dead on his feet, his playing was off, his timing was off and his day is done. Great in the 70's and 80's (I saw them in '88 and they were great) but his playing is absolutely shot. No place for nostalgia when people are paying good money in the expectation of hearing quality stuff. Say goodnight Joe, and retire respectfully.

I think he still has gas in the tank. I think his playing in Aerosmith may have been on autopilot the last couple of outings but that may be because of the strain and stress with the band members. That has to suck. That’s no excuse for not giving it your all but what I have read from Perry the Aerosmith thing is for the money. He stated he rather play with the Vampires. They are no egos as it’s all about the music. Guess we will see if the music does the talking this year.  

3 hours ago, Fast Eddie said:

I for one won't be buying that. I saw Aerosmith in London in 2014, and he was dead on his feet, his playing was off, his timing was off and his day is done. Great in the 70's and 80's (I saw them in '88 and they were great) but his playing is absolutely shot. No place for nostalgia when people are paying good money in the expectation of hearing quality stuff. Say goodnight Joe, and retire respectfully.

I saw them in 2013 or 2014 in KC and Perry was in FINE form. He’s in his 60s. There will be good nights and bad nights...hell, read review of the tours in the 70s when he was smacked out....they are atrocious...yet there are also GREAT performances then. We will see.

Archived